Hot Apple Cider.
You can have Hot Apple Cider using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Hot Apple Cider
- Prepare 1 Gallon of apple juice unfiltered.
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of brown sugar.
- It's 1/2 Teaspoon of nutmeg freshly ground.
- You need 1/4 Teaspoon of ginger powder.
- It's 1 of orange large.
- It's 4 of cinnamon medium sticks.
- It's 36 of cloves whole.
- Prepare of rum brandy or.
Hot Apple Cider step by step
- Stick cloves into orange, spreading them out evenly around the orange. Slice the orange four times so some of the juice will come out while it cooks..
- Pour gallon of apple juice into a large pot. Bring to a low boil..
- Add brown sugar, freshly ground nutmeg, ginger powder, cinnamon sticks, and clove-filled orange..
- Simmer for four hours on low heat..
- While serving, pour about a half shot of rum or brandy into each mug before pouring in one cup of cider..