Candied Bacon. Mix brown sugar, rice vinegar, maple syrup, and black pepper in a small bowl. Candied bacon is a wonderful food that combines salty, sweet, and crispy. If made correctly, the bacon has crispy edges and a crackly crust from the caramelized sugar on top.
Easy Candied Bacon is the ultimate party snack. Thick sliced bacon coated in brown sugar before Bacon - Thick sliced bacon works best for this recipe but since every slice is not cut equally you may. Candy bacon is the best recipe. You can cook Candied Bacon using 6 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Candied Bacon
- Prepare 1 lb of thick sliced good quality bacon.
- It's 2 tbsp of pure maple syrup ( not pancake syrup ).
- It's 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- It's 2 tsp of dijon mustard.
- It's 1/2 tsp of kosher salt.
- It's 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper ( optional ).
Learn how to make candied bacon. This Easy Candied Bacon Recipe is the perfect combination of salty and sweet. You absolutely must try Candied Bacon. It's bacon that is caramelized and crispy and sweet.
Candied Bacon step by step
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a rimmed cookie sheet with foil and place cooling rack on top of pan..
- In large bowl mix cayenne, brown sugar, salt, dijon mustard and maple syrup. Mix until well combined..
- Add the bacon and toss until all is evenly coated. if it seems dry, don't worry that's how it should be..
- Lay the coated bacon on wire rack in a single layer close but not overlapping each other..
- Bake for 20 minutes on center rack of oven. The bacon will look brown, but needs to cook for additional 10 - 15 minutes. It should be dark brown but not burnt. Just peek and make sure its not burning..
- It will have chewy consistency if this step is not done. Remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes. If you wait to long, they will stick..
- Once cooled you can serve whole, cut into pieces or crumble for topping on salads etc...
- Serve at room temperature. Great as appetizers or snacks, really good on BLT gives it a kick..
Watch the video showing you how to make Candied Bacon, then scroll to the bottom of this post and print. Candied bacon is the perfect party snack and a great sweet and savory treat. Before cooking the bacon, coat each piece with a sugar-maple syrup glaze to perfectly complement the intense. This Spicy Maple Candied Bacon takes glorious bacon and makes it even better. Use it in soups, salads, sandwiches, desserts and more!