Vickys Chocolate Birthday Cake, GF DF EF SF NF.
You can have Vickys Chocolate Birthday Cake, GF DF EF SF NF using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vickys Chocolate Birthday Cake, GF DF EF SF NF
- You need 170 grams of brown rice flour.
- Prepare 90 grams of corn starch.
- Prepare 90 grams of potato starch (not flour).
- It's 3 tbsp of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Prepare 2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 2 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 300 grams of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 50 grams of free-from butter/spread (I use Vitalite sunflower spread or gold foil Stork marg), melted.
- It's 200 grams of coconut yogurt (any plain or vanilla flavoured will do, I use Koko free-from brand).
- It's 3 tsp of Vickys Best GF Egg Replacer mixed with water accordingly, linked below.
- It's 160 ml of coconut milk, vanilla flavoured is great.
- Prepare of Chocolate Frosting.
- Prepare 185 grams of icing / powdered sugar.
- Prepare 2 1/2 tbsp of cocoa powder.
- Prepare 100 grams of dairy-free butter/spread.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of coconut milk.
Vickys Chocolate Birthday Cake, GF DF EF SF NF step by step
- Instead of my egg replacer you can use 2 normal eggs, 2 tbsp ground flax mixed with 6 tbsp water until frothing or a commercial egg replacer. With all of these you'll need to add into the dry ingredient bowl 1/2 tsp xanthan gum. My egg replacer already contains xanthan so that's why no amount listed in the ingredients https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/338157-vickys-best-egg-replacer-powder-for-gluten-free-vegan-baking.
- Preheat the oven to gas 5 / 170C / 375°F and grease a 23cm or 25cm / 9 or 10inch springform cake tin.
- Mix the flours, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, salt and xanthan gum into a bowl, mixing very well to ensure that they are well combined.
- Whisk the sugar with the spread, milk, yoghurt and the mixed egg replacer. Add to the dry ingredients and beat well.
- Pour the batter into the tin and bake for 30 - 35 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean. Leave in the tin for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and leave to cool completely.
- To make the chocolate frosting, put the icing sugar and cocoa powder into a bowl. Add the spread and mix until well combined and fluffy. Add the milk as needed to thin the mixture. Spread evenly over the cooled cake.
- Don't double this recipe to make a layer cake, for some reason it doesn't work out as well. Instead just mix a 2nd batch separately.