Vickys Pear Shortbread Streusal Bars, GF DF EF SF NF #picnic.
You can have Vickys Pear Shortbread Streusal Bars, GF DF EF SF NF #picnic using 18 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vickys Pear Shortbread Streusal Bars, GF DF EF SF NF #picnic
- You need of Base.
- Prepare 150 g of (1 & 1/4 cups) gluten-free / plain flour.
- You need 1/8 tsp of xanthan gum if using GF flour.
- It's 112 g (1/2 cup) of gold foil-wrapped Stork margarine block, cubed.
- It's 50 g (1/4 cup) of granulated sugar.
- You need of Filling.
- It's 6 of large pears, around 2lbs, diced.
- It's 2 tbsp of granulated sugar.
- It's 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare of Topping.
- Prepare 120 g (1 cup) of gluten-free / plain flour.
- You need 100 g (1/2 cup) of light brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground cardamom.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground ginger.
- Prepare 112 g (1/2 cup) of gold foil-wrapped Stork margarine block.
- You need 90 g (1 cup) of gluten-free rolled oats.
Vickys Pear Shortbread Streusal Bars, GF DF EF SF NF #picnic step by step
- Line a 9"× 9" square tin with parchment paper and preheat the oven to gas 4 / 180C / 350F.
- Make the shortbread base by mixing the flour, xanthan gum if using and sugar together, then cutting in the margarine with a fork until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Press into the bottom of the tin and bake for 25 minutes. It won't be completely done at this point but don't bake any longer.
- Meanwhile put the diced pears in a pan and cover with water. Bring to the boil then turn down and let simmer for 5 minutes so the pears soften a bit before baking. If using tinned pears ignore this step and just drain them well.
- Drain then let sit 5 minutes and drain again.
- Prepare the topping in the same way as the base - mix the flour, sugar and spices in a bowl then cut in the margarine. Stir in the oats then set aside.
- Sprinkle the well-drained pears with the sugar and cinnamon when the shortbread base comes out of the oven and spoon it over evenly with a slotted spoon to catch any more water.
- Spread the topping over the pears, press in lightly and bake for 35 minutes until golden.
- Let cool and set completely in the tin.
- Remove from the tin and slice into squares.
- These can be individually wrapped and frozen for up to a month.
- Brilliant for packed lunch boxes or served with custard or ice cream.