Crockpot Potato Topped Swiss Steak.
You can cook Crockpot Potato Topped Swiss Steak using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Crockpot Potato Topped Swiss Steak
- You need of boneless round steaks.
- It's of large chopped sweet onion.
- Prepare of water.
- You need of beef bouillon cubes.
- You need of onion powder.
- Prepare of crushed red pepper flakes.
- You need of diced tomatoes.
- Prepare of sliced carrots-drained.
- Prepare of brown gravy mix.
- It's of pouches instant potatoes your choice of flavor.
Crockpot Potato Topped Swiss Steak step by step
- Place steaks, onion, water, beef bouillon cubes, onion powder, crushed red pepper flakes, and the can of diced tomatoes into crockpot. Cook on high for 3 hours. Meat should be fork tender..
- Take meat out of crockpot and cut into bite size pieces. Return meat to crockpot and add the can of carrots (drained) and the 2 pkg of brown gravy mix. Continue to cook for 2 more hrs on low..
- Prepare instant mashed potatoes as per directions on pouches. I usually use the garlic and herb flavored packets..
- Once instant potatoes are prepared put spoonfuls of the potatoes on top to the steak mixture right in the crockpot. Turn crockpot on warm until ready to serve. If desired you can add some shredded cheese on top..