You can have Collard Greens using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Collard Greens
- Prepare 1 of family size shredded collard greens.
- Prepare 2 pounds of smoked pork neck bones.
- It's 4 tablespoons of rendered duck fat.
- You need 2 tablespoons of adobo.
- It's 2 tablespoons of sazonidor.
- It's 2 tablespoons of light brown sugar.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar.
Collard Greens instructions
- Boil neck bones for one hour then drain and let cool.
- Using your hands rip meat off the neck bones to about bite sized pieces.
- In a large sauce pot add the greens meat and all other ingredients.
- Add water to cover about an inch over the greens..
- Bring to a boil then simmer about an hour and a half or to desired tenderness adjusting to add additional seasoning as needed.
- Serve as a side dish to chicken or pork.