Chicken salad. Find our best and tastiest chicken salad recipes, perfect for fancy brunch or for a simple and delicious sandwich. Chicken salad is any salad with chicken as a main ingredient. Other common ingredients may include mayonnaise, hard-boiled egg, celery, onion, pepper, pickles (or pickle relish) and a variety of mustards.
Come in or order online to discover our delicious variety of fresh, craveable flavors! This family favorite chicken salad is made with celery, bell pepper, green olives, apple, lettuce, and mayo—plus a secret ingredient that makes all the difference! This chicken salad recipe is perfect with a fluffy jacket potato or some egg noodles and low-fat too. You can have Chicken salad using 9 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken salad
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped or slivered nuts (I used almonds).
- It's 2 cups of roast chicken, shredded and skin removed.
- It's 2 of celery ribs, finely chopped.
- Prepare 8 of cornichons, finely chopped.
- It's 1 tsp of shallot, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of mayonnaise.
- You need 1/4 cup of white wine vinegar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of creamed horseradish.
- You need 2 tbsp of fresh tarragon, chopped.
Use ready-roasted chicken to shred into your salad and pack up any leftovers for lunch the next day. An easy Chicken Salad recipe from Food Network Kitchen starts with poaching your chicken breasts in an herb-infused broth to keep them extra moist. This easy chicken salad recipe with grapes makes the best chicken salad sandwiches! I've been making this healthy chicken salad recipe for years.
Chicken salad instructions
- Add the nuts to a small pan on medium-low heat. Let them warm through for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Put all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Add several grinds of freshly cracked black pepper and a good pinch of salt. Stir to combine. Add additional salt and pepper to taste..
It's great for make ahead lunches! Chicken Salad is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna git. Everyone likes chicken salad different ways: ground up and fine, large and chunky, chock full of onions, nuts. Chicken salad can be made a million different ways, but this is my classic, the one I come back to again and again.