Apple and Blueberry Crumble. Evenly top apple mixture with oatmeal mixture. Apple and blueberry crumble. (China Squirrel). Spoon apple and blueberries into pie dish.
Serve it with a scoop of ice cream for a crowd-pleasing treat. Blueberries and apples are a great combination for a wonderful crisp. Pair this dessert with a great meal and everyone will think you are a genius. You can cook Apple and Blueberry Crumble using 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Apple and Blueberry Crumble
- It's 125 g (4 oz) of margarine.
- You need 2 teaspoons of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 cup of castor sugar.
- It's 2 cups of flour.
- You need 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1 tin of pie apples.
- You need 1 cup of fresh blueberries.
- It's to taste of sugar and cinnamon.
- Prepare 2 of whole cloves.
Phoebe makes an Apple & Blueberry Crumble - and I eat it! Enjoy this warm, home-style apple blueberry crisp that is perfect for a weekend brunch or after-dinner treat. —Margaret Wilson, San Bernardino, California. Apple Blueberry Crisp Recipe photo by Taste of Home. For the filling, combine the apples, sugar and lemon juice in a saucepan and heat gently.
Apple and Blueberry Crumble instructions
- Cream together margarine and sugar.
- Add eggs and dry ingredients.
- Mix well..
- Press 3/4 of dough into pie dish.
- Drain apples and put on top of dough in dish, add fresh blueberries..
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar and 2 cloves..
- Crumble remainder of dough over apples and blueberries..
- Bake at 180°C for 1/2 to 3/4 hour.
- You can leave out blueberries and add sultanas or raisins as a variation.
Bring to a simmer and cook until apples are just tender. Top the fruit with the crumble - you don't want it to completely cover the fruit, leave a few spaces. Kitchen secret: have a bowl of clotted cream on the side to spoon on to your pud as you eat. This is a healthy twist on an apple and blackberry crumble recipe. It's made with muesli, oats and nuts for extra crunch.