Fresh Lemon Layer Cake. This lemon layer cake recipe is adapted from the most popular cake recipe on my blog: lemon blueberry cake. Lemon blueberry cake has It's moist, sweet, buttery, and loaded with fresh lemon. Since its publish date, I've received many questions about leaving out the blueberries to make it plain.
Adding a pop of freshness brings a bit of extra Springtime flare to this cake. Between the layers of frosting and cake add in some. This Lemon Mascarpone Layer Cake is made with a moist lemon cake, lemon curd and a smooth and creamy whipped mascarpone frosting! You can have Fresh Lemon Layer Cake using 23 ingredients and 23 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Fresh Lemon Layer Cake
- It’s of For the Lemon Cake.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cups of cake flour.
- You need 1 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder.
- You need 3/4 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 3/4 cups of granulated sugar, divided use.
- You need 10 tablespoons of unsalted butter, melted.
- It’s 1 cup of butter,ilk, at room temperature.
- You need 3 tablespoons of vegtable oil.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of each fresh lemon juice and lemon zest.
- Prepare 1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla extract.
- You need 6 of large egg yolks, at room temperature.
- Prepare 3 of large egg whites, at room temperature.
- You need of For Lemon Cream Filling and Frosting.
- Prepare 8 ounces of cream cheese, at room temoerature.
- You need 1/2 cup of salted butter, at room temperature.
- You need 2 tablespoons of v fresh lemon juice.
- You need 2 teaspoons of fresh Lenin zest.
- It’s 2 of teapoon vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream.
- Prepare 3 cups of confectioner's sugar.
- You need of For Garnish.
- You need as needed of sprinkles and fresh blueberries.
It's light, yet sweet and tart and so darn good! It'll be your new favorite cake for spring! So today I'm sharing an update on this recipe. Moist and delicious gluten-free lemon cake is layered with coconut whipped cream and fresh berries.
Fresh Lemon Layer Cake step by step
- Make the lemon Cake.
- Preheat the oven to 350. Spray 3 – 8- inch cake pans with bakers spray.
- In a bowl whisk together the flour, baking 6, baking soda, salt and 1/2 cup of the sugar.
- In another bowl combine the butter, buttermilk, lemon juice and zest, vanilla and egg yolks, whisk to blend.
- In a third bowl beat egg whites until they form firm peaks, adding the last 1/4 cup sugar slowly.
- Gradually beat the buttermilk mixture into the flour nixture.
- Gently fold the egg whites in until uniform in color.
- Divide evenly in prepated pans and place on a cookie sheet, bake about 18 to 20 minutes untik a toothpick comes put just clean. Cool 1p minutes then remove from pans and cool completely before frosting.
- Make Lemon Cream Froapsting.
- Beat cream cheese, butter, vanilla, lemon juice an zest and confectioner's sugar until blendec.
- Beat cream to firm peaks and fold into cream cheese mixture.
- Fill and frost cake.
- Place one layer bottom up on serving playe.
- Add some frosting.
- Place second layer, bottom up.
- Place third layer.
- Frost entire cske.
- Garnish with sprinkles and fresh blueberries. Refigerate at least 2 hours for easy slicing.
The perfect dessert to welcome spring! Place the bottom layer of cake on the platter that you will be serving it on and tuck thick strips of wax or parchment paper under the edges of the cake to. This gorgeous Lemon Lime Layer Cake is a combination of lemon cake and lime buttercream. An inspired and mouthwatering combination just perfect for spring & summer. Be sure to allow the cake to completely cool before frosting and stacking the layers.