Mike's Smoked Salmon On Onion Bagles. I love bagels with smoked salmon. This sounds like a great version. Learn how to make the ultimate smoked salmon bagel, a scrumptious open-faced salmon bagel sandwich with all the toppings.
Forgive the lack of imagination on this cover photo. This is a flavorful, colorful, creamy, delicious, crispy chilled dip meant to be smeared on warmed toasted onion bagels. Smoked salmon belongs on so much more than just bagels. You can have Mike's Smoked Salmon On Onion Bagles using 30 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mike's Smoked Salmon On Onion Bagles
- It's of ● For The Smoked Salmon.
- Prepare 2 Pounds of Fresh Salmon.
- Prepare 1 Cup of Brown Sugar.
- It's 2 tbsp of Cracked Black Pepper.
- It's 1 tbsp of Lemon Pepper.
- You need 1 tbsp of Kosher Salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Dried Dill.
- Prepare of ● For The Serving Options.
- Prepare of Assorted Bagels.
- It's of Flatbread [for wraps].
- Prepare of Assorted Cream Cheese.
- You need Leaves of Spinach.
- You need of Lemon Wedges.
- It's of Tatziki Sauce.
- You need of Avacados.
- Prepare of Chives.
- Prepare of Eggs.
- Prepare of Crostinies.
- Prepare of Crackers.
- You need of Cucumbers.
- Prepare of Sprouts.
- You need of Tomatoes.
- Prepare of Lettuce.
- Prepare of Arugula.
- You need of Cilantro.
- It's of Parsley.
- It's of Shallots.
- Prepare of Red Onions.
- You need of Capers.
- It's of Fresh Dill.
Smoky, salty, and a little briny, its flavor isn't as overpowering as other smoked fish, meaning that it works well in a million different preparations. From potato salad to deviled eggs, we've got nine smoked salmon recipes to shake. Instead of topping bagel toasts with slices of expensive smoked salmon, treat your guests to this flavorful spread. Put cream cheese into the bowl of your food processor.
Mike's Smoked Salmon On Onion Bagles instructions
- Check for any bones. Rinse fillets well under cold water..
- Mix your dry rub..
- Press dry rub firmly on your fillets. Coat the top bottom and sides generously. Wrap your fillets tightly in plastic wrap. Weigh fillets down with whatever you can find. Canned goods etc. Refrigerate for 2 to 3hours. Pull from fridge and drain/discard any fluids..
- Use your choice of wood chips. I prefer Hickory for salmon..
- Bring smoker up to between 200° & 225°. Spray rack with a non stick spray. Place fillets skin side down. Cover and smoke for 60 to 90 minutes - depending upon the thickness of your fillets..
- Fully smoked salmon pictured. The internal temperature should be 140° at its thickest part..
- Allow salmon to dry. Allow fillets to set for one hour refrigerated the bias [angle] and serve with items of your choosing. See ideas above..
Add capers, lemon juice and zest, dill and salt. Try our easy to follow smoked salmon bagels recipe. Combine sour cream, horseradish, capers, lemon juice and dill in a bowl. Top bagels with rocket, salmon, onion and sauce. Photo about Smoked salmon or lox with cream cheese, red onion and capers on poppy seed and sesame seed bagel in vertical format.