Mike's Creamy Potato Egg Salad.
You can cook Mike's Creamy Potato Egg Salad using 20 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mike's Creamy Potato Egg Salad
- It's of ● For The Proteins.
- It's 18 of Egglands Best Eggs [use older eggs - they're easier to peel].
- It's of ● For The Potatoes.
- Prepare 3 Pounds of Baby Creamer Potatoes [both red & white - left whole].
- It's of ● For The Fresh Vegetables [all chilled & rough chopped].
- It's 1 of EX LG Vidalia Onion.
- You need 2 of Green Onion Lengths [+ reserves for garnish].
- It's 1/3 Cup of Red Onions.
- You need 4 Stalks of Celery [with leaves].
- Prepare 8 of LG Claussens Dill Pickles [found in MKT refrigerated section].
- You need 1 Can of LG Black Olives [halved].
- It's 1/3 Cup of Fresh Parsley Leaves.
- Prepare of ● For The Cream Sauce [whisk well].
- It's 1 (30 oz) of Jar Kraft Real Mayonnaise.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Fresh Ground Black Pepper.
- You need 1/3 Cup of Fresh Sour Cream.
- You need 2 tbsp of Yellow Mustard.
- Prepare 1 1/4 Cup of Whole Milk [more if needed].
- Prepare 1 tsp of Celery Seed.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Celery Salt.
Mike's Creamy Potato Egg Salad instructions
- Here's the bulk of what you'll need in steps #1 and #2..
- Additional ingredients needed..
- Rinse unpeeled baby potatoes well. Place in large pot and boil for 10 to 13 minutes..
- Boil your eggs by bringing room temp eggs to a steady boil. Turn off burner, cover pot and allow eggs to sit undisturbed for 18 minutes. At 18 minutes, immediately rinse your eggs in cold water to arrest the cooking process. About 10 minutes. Refill your pot with fresh cold water if needed. If any egg floats, throw it away..
- Drain your potatoes and allow them to cool a bit..
- Once cooled, slice all potatoes in half. Place in a large pot and again, allow to cool longer..
- In the meantime, chop your chilled vegetables and mix together well..
- Quite possibly the best chilled dill pickle brand ever! Definitely worth your money and seriously makes this dish! This is the only brand I'll ever use. In fact, if I don't have them on hand, I won't make the recipe it calls for..
- Peel and quarter your eggs. Allow them to cool covered..
- Gently mix all chopped vegetables and cooled eggs together..
- Mix your chilled cream sauce. Whisk well..
- Gently fold everything together in an extra large bowl. Refrigerate for 6 hours or longer stirring occasionally. I'll let mine sit for 24 hours..
- Garnish with fresh chives. Enjoy!.