Steak chipotle in adobo sauce. You have leftover chipotles in adobo sauce, but throwing them away is a shame. Here's how to use up the rest of that spicy, smoky can of goodness. Adding chipotles in adobo is the dream within the dream.
Chipotle Adobo Sauce, dried chipotle peppers cooked with aromatics, vinegar, and spices to make a thick, lush, smokey sauce which is used many ways in cooking. For it's versatility, I call it the Mexican Ketchup. Use it in BBQ, roasted chicken, slather on burgers, make taco sauce, pasta sauce or a. You can cook Steak chipotle in adobo sauce using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Steak chipotle in adobo sauce
- Prepare 3 lb of NY strips steak.
- Prepare 1 each of onion slice.
- Prepare 2 each of 1 red,1 yellow bell peppers.
- You need 1 of salt, pepper, rosemary.
- You need 1/4 can of chipotle in adobo sauce.
Chipotle in adobo chiles (smoked jalapeno chiles) are canned in a red sauce that typically contains tomato puree and a variety of seasonings such as paprika, salt, onions, vinegar, garlic and oregano. Used for making sauces, chipotle mayonnaise, rubs as well as other recipes. I like using the adobo sauce in recipes so I typically leave it thin and liquidy. I'm usually psyched at this point because the sauce already has that familiar, tangy chipotle Keep this in the fridge where the chipotles will slowly absorb the delicious flavor of the adobo sauce as they rest in it.
Steak chipotle in adobo sauce instructions
- Grill the steak.
- Slice bell peppers, onions into strips..
- In the pan..
- Put olive oil, to sautee onions, bell peppers, salt, pepper, rosemary, and mixed the chipotle and stir until completely done..
- Prepared plate transfer the steak in the plate put the sautee onion and bell peppers in the center of the steak or what you prepared or you can add bake potato in the side or whatever you like..
Chipotles in adobo sauce are one of the easiest way to get deep, smoky, spicy flavor into a dish. The only problem is that no recipe ever calls for the whole can of the chiles. We like to freeze the extra peppers and sauce, whether that be in an ice cube tray or flattened in a Ziploc bag, for future use. Adobo sauce is a lightly seasoned tomato-based sauce which includes vinegar, so you're not too far off by simply subbing in a few splashes of Tabasco Chipotle Hot The heat won't be quite as intense as you'd get from dicing a chipotle in the adobo sauce on the spot, but the smokiness will be there. This video shows how to Make and Can Chipotles in Adobo Sauce!