Mimi's Zuchinni Casserole.
You can have Mimi's Zuchinni Casserole using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mimi's Zuchinni Casserole
- It's 6 tbsp of butter (plus a little extra).
- It's 3 large of onions.
- You need 4 of Zuchinni sliced.
- You need 2 tbsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of nutmeg.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of hot milk.
- It's 3/4 cup of breadcrumbs.
- You need 4 slice of bread.
- It's 1 cup of chedder OR 3/4 cup Gruyere.
Mimi's Zuchinni Casserole instructions
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Melt butter in large sautee pan. Cook onions 20 minutes until soft but not brown..
- Add Zuchinni & cook covered for 10 minutes until tender..
- Add salt, pepper and nutmeg and cook uncovered for 5 minutes..
- Stir in flour and add hot milk. Cook over low heat for a few minutes until it makes a sauce. Pour into baking dish..
- Combine bread crumbs and cheese. Sprinkle over mixture in baking dish. Top with diced bread and dot with butter..
- Bake for 20 minutes..