Jerk chicken soup. That's usually the question I get when I talk about this recipe. I first learned about Jerk Chicken Soup from my cousin in Jamaica who owned a restuarant on the island. Hot, succulent Jamaican Jerk Chicken is a tropical treat.
This jerk chicken recipe is from Paul Chung, who grew up in Jamaica and sampled jerk For best results, let the chicken marinate overnight, so the seasoning has time to thoroughly penetrate the meat. Keywords: Jamaican jerk chicken soup, Crock Pot Chicken Soup, Spicy Chicken Soup, Crock Pot Jamaican Chicken Soup. Andi Oliver's jerk chicken and cornmeal waffles is next level. You can have Jerk chicken soup using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Jerk chicken soup
- Prepare of small boneless, skinless chicken thighs.
- You need of small sweet potato.
- You need of a yellow onion.
- It's of Drizzle of olive oil.
- You need of a green pepper.
- You need of minced garlic.
- You need of Jamacian jerk seasoning.
- Prepare of Garlic salt.
- You need of chicken broth.
- It's of water.
- Prepare of coconut milk (unsweetened).
- It's of red kidney beans, drained.
- You need of can whole kernel corn, drained.
- Prepare of Black pepper.
- You need of bullion cube.
Try Levi Roots' sticky jerk chicken wings as a party nibble, or make more substantial jerk chicken thighs to fit in a flatbread or alongside. Caribbean jerk chicken full of flavor and and a good amount of heat, using habaneros (or scotch bonnet chili peppers) and allspice. Make jerk chicken in oven or grill. Jerk is a style of cooking native to Jamaica, in which meat is dry-rubbed or wet marinated with a hot spice mixture called Jamaican jerk spice.
Jerk chicken soup step by step
- Put 6 cups of chicken broth, 8 cups of water, 1/2 cup of coconut milk, bullion cube, 1/2 tsp black pepper & 3-5 shakes of jerk seasoning into pot, let boil..
- While your waiting for broth to boil, rinse off chicken & pat dry. Sprinkle garlic salt & a generous amount of jerk seasoning onto chicken. Flip over & repeat..
- Once mixture is boiling (med high ish) add chicken, beans & corn. Partially cover & let cook 20 minutes..
- While chicken is cooking, drizzle olive oil onto pan & put on medium heat. Dice onion & green pepper add to pan. Spoon garlic into mixture. Peel & dice sweet potato, add to pan stirring occasionally..
- Once 20 minutes is up, add vegetable mixture and remove chicken onto cutting board..
- Shred chicken & add back to pot. Add a few more shakes of jerk seasoning to pot. Let cook on medium heat for about 20 minutes, partially covered..
This Jerk Chicken Soup is a delicious spin on traditional chicken soup. Made with an authentic jerk seasoning, sweet potato, beans, and corn. Jamaican Jerk Chicken Salad - An easy and delicious jerk chicken recipe layered on a tropical salad with roasted red peppers, pineapple, greens, and creamy. Done right, jerk chicken is one of the great barbecue traditions of the world, up there with Texas brisket and Chinese char siu. It is Jamaica to the bone, aromatic and smoky, sweet but insistently hot.