Chili Cheese Dog Casserole ( Taste of Home Kid Cookbook ). Kids and dads alike will dive right into this hearty, comforting dish. Stir in the chili, brown sugar, garlic powder and chili powder; heat through. Stir in the chili, brown sugar, garlic powder in chili powder; heat through.
Yep, we made a chili cheese dog casserole, and it's even more incredible than it sounds. There are two all-American classics that we cannot live without: chili cheese dogs and casseroles. Bet you can guess where this is going. You can have Chili Cheese Dog Casserole ( Taste of Home Kid Cookbook ) using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chili Cheese Dog Casserole ( Taste of Home Kid Cookbook )
- Prepare 1 each of Jiffy Corn Bread/Muffin Mix (8.5oz).
- It's 1 cup of Chopped Green Pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Chopped Onion.
- It's 1/2 cup of Chopped Celery.
- It's 1 tbsp of Coconut Oil.
- You need 1 packages of Hot Dogs; halved lengthwise & cut into bite-size pieces.
- Prepare 1 can of Chili with Beans ( 15 oz ).
- You need 2 tbsp of Brown Sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Garlic Powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Chili Powder.
- You need 1 cup of Shredded Cheddar Cheese ( divided in half ).
- It's 1 tsp of Tumeric ( I add it to everything! ).
- You need 2 tbsp of Ground Flax Seeds ( I add this as much as possible; mixed in with cornbread batter ).
Place a slice of cheddar cheese inside each bun, then spoon a bit of chili inside each one. Slide a hot dog snugly on top of the chili in each bun, then top with more chili. Home » Ketogenic Diet Recipes » Keto Chili Cheese Dog Casserole. The hot dogs at my brother's games were okay, but they led me down a road of trying different hot dog toppings and The chili cheese dog without the bun is perfect for all seasons.
Chili Cheese Dog Casserole ( Taste of Home Kid Cookbook ) instructions
- Preheat oven to 350*F..
- Prepare cornbread batter according to package directions then spread half of the batter into a greased 8 inch square baking dish and set aside.
- In a large skillet , saute the green pepper, onion and celery in oil until crisp and tender. Stir in hot dogs; saute 3 to 4 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Stir in the chili, brown sugar, garlic powder in chili powder; heat through. Stir in half cup of cheese..
- Game over corn bread batter. Then top with remaining cornbread batter. Sprinkle remaining cheese over the top..
- Bake, uncovered, at 350°F for 28 to 32 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving..
This is one low carb recipe your kids will beg for. Step by step on how to make Chili Cheese Dog Casserole. Keyword: chili cheese dog, chili cheese dogs, chili dog recipe. I worked at the Dairy Queen for several summers in my youth. This chili taste exactly like the chili we would use to make our chili dogs.