Sarah's Simple Shepherds Pie. Shepherd's Pie comes to us from England, and is traditionally made with lamb or mutton. Here in the states we are more of a beef eating culture than a What follows is a simple recipe for a ground beef version of Shepherd's Pie. The original recipe comes from my friend Frances Hochschild, and her. Узнать причину. Закрыть.
A healthier version of a classic comfort food - Simple Shepherds Pie With Turkey is a delicious and hearty recipe. If I know my day will be hectic, I'll pull the meat mixture for this convenient, family-pleasing pie out of the freezer to thaw. And if you use frozen or instant mashed potatoes to top the pie, it's even quicker to fix..with the kind of refrigeration we had in our homes, cooked meat could be kept much more safely than raw. You can have Sarah's Simple Shepherds Pie using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sarah's Simple Shepherds Pie
- It's of spices.
- It's 4 tbsp of minced garlic from jar in water.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of dried chives.
- It's 2 tbsp of dried parsley.
- You need 1 tsp of cajun seasoning.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of dried basil flakes.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of onion flakes or 1/2 sauteed chopped onion.
- Prepare 2 lb of hamburger.
- Prepare 6 cup of mashed potatoes.
- You need 1 can of creamed corn.
- Prepare 1 can of corn.
- You need 1 envelope of brown gravy mix.
- It's 2 cup of shredded Monterey jack cheese.
Therefore, when housewives bought their Sunday meat they selected pieces large enough to. This simple Shepherd's Pie recipe not only tastes delicious, but it's classic British comfort food. Try it, it's a major crowd pleaser! Simple Shepherd's Pie is a recipe that you will make over and over because it is so delicious.
Sarah's Simple Shepherds Pie instructions
- Cook mashed potatoes as directed or make your own. Add half of the spices to potatoes..
- Brown hamburger with half of the spices. Drain grease from pan.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Mix the gravy packet with one cup of cold water. Then add to pan with drained hamburger on medium/high heat mix well and simmer until it thickens. Stirring constantly..
- Add hamburger to 9×13 baking dish.
- Pour creamed corn on top of hamburger.
- Pour corn on top of creamed corn..
- Spoon mashed potatoes on top of corn mixture. Smooth with a spatula or spoon. Make sure to completely cover mixture with potatoes..
- Bake for 25 minutes pull from oven and sprinkle cheese across top. Place back in oven for 5 minutes..
- Remove from oven and let cool about 10 minutes before serving..
It can be made ahead of time, frozen and is a perfect comfort food and. When the temperature takes a permanent nosedive and fall is starting to look a lot more like winter, shepherd's pie is one of the first things that I crave. One enormous square of this casserole, with its blanket of mashed potatoes and that savory meat-and-vegetable filling, sends a sigh of contentment. Aka Homemade Shepherd's Pie with ground beef. One that's simple and affordable and delicious.