Pink Panther Birthday Cake.
You can cook Pink Panther Birthday Cake using 10 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pink Panther Birthday Cake
- You need 150 grams of Self Raising Flour.
- You need 150 grams of Caster Sugar.
- Prepare 150 grams of Unsalted Butter.
- Prepare 3 of eggs.
- Prepare 180 grams of Icing Sugar.
- Prepare 90 grams of unsalted butter.
- It's 4 tbsp of Strawberry Jam.
- You need 1 kg of white fondant icing.
- You need of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 of red/yellow/black writing icing.
Pink Panther Birthday Cake instructions
- Preheat oven to 180c.
- Mix 150g of softened butter with the caster Sugar until combined. Whisk the eggs and gradually mix in also..
- Sift the flour slowly into the mixture and mix until there are no lumps..
- Grease 2 cake tins and pour mixture evenly into both..
- Bake in the oven for 20 mins or until the top is springy and light golden brown..
- Leave to cool completely on a rack..
- For the buttercream filling, mix the 90g of butter and gradually add the sifted icing sugar and a little vanilla extract until it is a spreadable consistency.
- Level off the cakes if needed and spread the jam on the bottom of one cake and the buttercream on the other. Sandwich together..
- For the decoration, Roll out the white fondant icing so it is big enough to cover cake. Spread a little jam over the sides and top of cake. Place the icing over and Smooth out any bumps..
- Separate the leftover icing into two pieces and add small amounts of the red food gel until you get the desired shade of pink. One piece. needs to be darker than the other.
- I printed a picture from the Internet and cut out each piece of the face and used as a template to cut the icing..
- Once all pieces are cut add them to the top of cake, making sure to follow the picture..
- Use the yellow, red, and black writing icing to make the eyes, nose and eyebrows etc..