Chicken Tamale Pie.
You can have Chicken Tamale Pie using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Tamale Pie
- It's 1 box of JIFFY corn muffin mix.
- You need 1/2 cup of sour cream. (DONT FORGET TO PUT 1 EGG IN).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of corn kernels (canned,fresh, or frozen.
- Prepare 2 tbsp. of melted butter.
- Prepare of Cooking spray, for skillet.
- You need 1 of tbsp.extra-virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of large onion,chopped.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 tbsp. of Taco Seasoning.
- You need 2 of cup.Shredded chicken.
- Prepare 3/4 of cup. enchilada sauce,divided.
- Prepare 1 of cup.shredded Cheddar cheese.
- It's 1 of cup.shredded Monterey Jack.
- You need of Chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish.
Chicken Tamale Pie instructions
- Preheat oven to 400°.Prepare cornbread base: In a medium bowl, combine corn muffin mix, sour cream, egg,corn,and melted butter. Whisk until evenly combined. Spray a large oven-safe skillet with cooking spray. Pour into a large cast iron skillet and bake until golden, 15 minutes. Let cool slightly..
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil.Add onions and cook until tender, 5 minutes, then add garlic and cook 1 minute more.Add taco seasoning and season with salt.Add chicken and 1/2 cup enchilada sauce and stir until combined..
- Poke holes all over cornbread with the bottom of a wooden spoon. Pour remaining 1/4 cup enchilada sauce over poke holes and top with chicken mixture..
- Top with cheese and Monterey jack and bake 20 minutes more..
- Garnish with cilantro and serve.