Meatballs with Sweet & Sour Chili Sauce. In a medium bowl, combine the ground beef, egg, bread crumbs and onion. Luckily for all of us, these sweet and sour meatballs are sticklers for rules. These hearty (and ridiculously easy) sweet and sour meatballs are pretty much the perfect party appetizer.
How I make Sweet & Sour Meatballs. You can also use the sweet & sour sauce on pork and chicken. Instead of rice you could make mashed potatoes too. You can have Meatballs with Sweet & Sour Chili Sauce using 20 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Meatballs with Sweet & Sour Chili Sauce
- Prepare of For the meatballs:.
- You need 200 grams of Ground pork.
- Prepare 1/2 of Egg.
- It's 1/6 stalk of Finely chopped green onion.
- It's 2 tsp of Sake.
- It's 1 tsp of Juice from grated ginger.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Sesame oil.
- Prepare 1 dash of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of Katakuriko.
- It's of For the chili sauce:.
- It's 5 cm of piece ● Japanese leek.
- Prepare 2 of 1 mm thick slices ● Ginger.
- Prepare 1 small of clove ● Garlic.
- Prepare 1 of Sesame oil.
- It's 1 tsp of Doubanjiang.
- It's 1 1/2 tbsp of ☆ Sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp of each ☆ Sake and ketchup.
- Prepare 100 ml of ☆ Chicken stock.
- It's 1/3 tsp of ☆ Salt.
- It's 1 of enough to thicken Katakuriko slurry.
These Sweet and Sour Meatballs are made with frozen meatballs and pineapple chunks and are covered in a DELICIOUS homemade sweet and sour sauce!! It's the perfect appetizer or dinner idea. A tangy sauce, combine with green pepper and pineapple, tranforms Ruther's pre-made meatballs into a delightful main dish served Tangy Sweet-and-Sour Meatballs Recipe photo by Taste of Home. The irresistible meatballs are served atop deliciously springy sweet potato noodles (made from the starch of the vegetable), tossed with a unique sauté of celery and pleasantly crunchy daikon radish.
Meatballs with Sweet & Sour Chili Sauce step by step
- To make the meatballs, knead the ground pork into a bowl. When it's sticky, add all the ingredients listed from the eggs down to the katakuriko, and continue kneading..
- Roll the meat mixture into bite-sized portions and deep fry. Roll them over occasionally with cooking chopsticks as they cook, and finish them off by raising the temperature to high to make them crispy. Remove the meatballs from the oil..
- For the chili sauce, combine the ☆ ingredients. Mince the ● vegetables..
- Heat sesame oil and the ● vegetables in a pan, and stir fry until fragrant. Add the doubanjiang and keep stir-frying..
- When everything is well mixed, add the combined ☆ ingredients from Step 3, and simmer down for 2 to 3 minutes over medium heat (this is just an estimate. If you double the amount, adjust the heat and cooking time)..
- Thicken the sauce with katakuriko dissolved in water. Add the meatballs from Step 2 and coat with the sauce..
- Bonus: This is just based on my own experiments, but you can make the chili sauce in large batches and store it for several days in the refrigerator. I usually use it up within 2-3 days, so I don't know how long it'll last. The sauce solidifies when cold, but loosens up if you heat it up..
As the name suggests, this is a meatball dish with sweet and sour sauce. One quick and easy dinner that you can make for your family is Sweet and Sour Meatballs. This sweet and sour meatballs recipe has a lengthy ingredient list, but that's what makes these Here's what you'll need to make these Asian meatballs with homemade sweet and sour sauce These are the best oven baked meatballs! So easy to make, juicy and flavorful. So good and so tender - these Sweet and Sour Meatballs take a flavorful meatball and cover them in a My kids adore meatballs, (who doesn't??), and the sweet and sour sauce is lick your fingers good!