Beef and lentil stew. Today's Beef and Lentil Stew is a true family favorite. It's a play off my mom's classic beef stew, substituting lentils for potatoes to enhance its nutritional value. Dredge the beef in the seasoned flour mixture, shaking off any excess flour.
I didn't expect my sons to get very excited when I told them I was making lentil stew, but they were eager to taste it. Even more surprising was that they loved. This Instant Pot recipe for Beef Lentil Stew is perfect for a busy weeknight when you need to get dinner on the table fast. You can cook Beef and lentil stew using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Beef and lentil stew
- You need of Large Bottom round roast.
- You need 32 oz of beef broth.
- Prepare 1 box of organic lentil soup.
- You need 4 cups of baby carrots.
- It's 3 of large russet potatoes; cubed.
- It's 1/2 cup of white onion; chopped.
- It's 5 cups of frozen vegetable medley.
- Prepare 1 package of dried egg noodles.
- You need 1/8 cup of liquid amino acid.
- It's 1/8 cup of tamari soy sauce.
- It's 1/4 tsp of each of.
- You need of Cumin.
- It's of Paprika.
- Prepare of Tumeric.
- It's 2 of Bay leaves.
- It's 1 can of roasted tomatoes.
- It's of Couple tsp Salt and lots of cracked black pepper.
Now fry the beef mix until it begins to brown. Add in the chicken stock and all the remaining ingredients. Bring the stew to a simmer and reduce the heat enough to allow it to simmer very gently. Learn how to make Italian beef and lentil slow-cooker stew & see the Smartpoints value of this great recipe.
Beef and lentil stew instructions
- Set crock pot to low. Add broth, roast, tamari, amino acids, salt, pepper, cumin, paprika, turmeric, bay leaf, and can of roasted tomatoes. Cook for 2 hours, stirring every 20 minutes or so..
- Add carrots, potatoes, onion. Cook for 2 more hour; stirring intermittently..
- At this point, the meat wasn't as tender as I would have liked so I turned the heat setting to high, added noodles, and let cook for an addition hour and a half while stirring a bit more often so nothing stuck to the sides of my pot..
- Once the meat was tender enough to easily be pulled apart I sat my crock pot to warm and let cool for you 15 minutes..
- Thick, savory beef stew. Enjoy with crackers, preferably Ritz, and await impending nap. You're welcome..
For the lentils, opt for green or brown lentils. They hold their shape better and add more texture than red lentils, which dissolve as they cook (ideal for a smoother soup). Stir in the undrained mushrooms, and the remaining ingredients. Remove the bay leaf and serve. In my version of beef stew, I decided to infuse the classic dish with some of the Indian spices that I grew up eating.