Corned Beef and Cabbage. Place corned beef in large pot or Dutch oven and cover with water. Add the spice packet that came with the corned beef. Here's the BEST Corned Beef and Cabbage for your St.
Worried you'll have tons of leftovers? We'd suggest storing the two separately for optimum freshness. Remove the corned beef, set it on a cutting board and shred with a fork. You can cook Corned Beef and Cabbage using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Corned Beef and Cabbage
- You need 1 of Corned Beef brisket (with the spice packet).
- Prepare 1 (12 oz) of Guinness black lager beer.
- You need 2.5 cups of Water.
- You need 1 of Onion sliced.
- Prepare 6 of Garlic cloves smashed.
- Prepare of Creole mustard.
- Prepare 3 of Tblsp butter.
- You need of Carrots.
- It's of Red potatoes (small).
- It's of Green Cabbage sliced.
- You need of Thyme.
- It's of Bayleaves.
- It's of Whole grain mustard dipping sauce (optional).
Return it to the pot then add the cabbage and potatoes, taste for salt and pepper and adjust as needed. Corned beef is salt-cured brisket of beef. The term comes from the treatment of the meat with large-grained rock salt, also called "corns" of salt. A successful corned beef and cabbage supper starts at the grocery store.
Corned Beef and Cabbage step by step
- Place the onion, garlic, and butter in the pot.
- Place your brisket (fat side down) on top of that with the lifting handles.
- Rub Creole mustard all over the top of brisket and add the spice packet.
- Next pour your beer and water in the sides (I only had Coors light).
- Close the pot and make sure you put the valve in the sealing position and set it for 120 minutes on pressure cook (I had a 4.10 pound brisket).
- Once the brisket is done lift it out of the pot to rest and cover with foil.
- Next add in your potatoes, carrots, cabbage, bay leaves and thyme, close the lid and set on pressure cook for 3 minutes.
- When that is done serve together with the brisket and ENJOY ??.
- Don't forget to cut against the grain !!.
Corned beef is traditionally made with brisket; you can buy it pre-brined and ready-to-cook. If you're feeling ambitious, you can buy the brisket and cure it yourself at home. In addition to the classic green cabbage sidekick. This corned beef and cabbage slow cooker recipe is a fuss-free way to cook the traditional dish. Patrick's Day a few years ago.