Beef Liver and Onions in Gravy. Southern-style liver and onion with gravy. Gently rinse liver slices under cold water, and place in a medium bowl. Pour in enough milk to cover.
Pad them dry and dash all slices with the salt and pepper. Coat the bottom of a large Make sure to frequently stir onions and don't let them burn. Melt butter in pan and add onions. … Liver and Onions Recipe: You'll need these ingredients. … Place the liver in a colander and let it drain. You can cook Beef Liver and Onions in Gravy using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Beef Liver and Onions in Gravy
- You need 1 lb. of Beef Livers, cut into pieces.
- It's 1 of Yellow Onion, sliced.
- Prepare of Self Rising Flour.
- It's 1 tsp. of Garlic Powder.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and Black Pepper,.
- Prepare 3 Cups of Beef Broth.
Do not try to rinse it, the water will just about wash it all away if you do. … Serve the liver warm over a bed of rice with the onions on top. Or, serve up some mashed potatoes and gravy on the side. A variation that uses the diet black cherry cola is provided at the end of this recipe. Sauté onions to a golden brown and layer liver and onions in alternating layers in a pot.
Beef Liver and Onions in Gravy step by step
- In a bowl add a cup or so of flour, add the garlic powder, and salt and Black Pepper..mix til combined. Set aside. Slice the beef Livers and dredge in the flour mixture. Set aside..
- In a large skillet heat some butter til melted and skillet is hot, then add the sliced onions and saute til your desired preference. Then transfer onions to a plate and keep warm. In the same skillet add a little bit oil and get pan hot...add the Livers and fry for a minute or two on each side. Then add the onions back to the skillet with the livers..
- Add a cup or two of beef broth and make a slurry with a half cup of broth and flour, mix and add to the skillet. Stir then let simmer til gravy is thickened. Then serve immediately...I serve this over Mashed Potatoes or Rice ☺️.
Deglaze skillet with beef stock, stir, add sour cream, and stir once more for a gravy. Check out this Beef Liver and Onions recipe from Lake Geneva Country Meats. We know, beef liver sounds disgusting, but, with this recipe, the lowly beef liver will be transformed into a culinary masterpiece! Beef liver is rich in iron, and is often recommended as a food for people with iron. Remove liver from skillet and set aside.