Apple and Tuna salad. This is a very excellent tuna salad recipe and I have been making almost the exact recipe for many years! After slicing my apple off of the core, I dip in lemon juice to keep it from browning. I also like to throw in a little chopped celery and use chopped red onion.
My husband and his buddies love to pack this tasty lunch when they go on fishing trips. My tangy tuna sandwich recipe gets fun flavor from sweet pickle relish and lots of crunch from apples, celery and walnuts. I grew up eating tuna salad made with sour pickles, onions, and mayonnaise. You can cook Apple and Tuna salad using 5 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Apple and Tuna salad
- Prepare 10 ounces of canned tuna packed in spring water.
- It's 1 of medium Granny Smith Apple.
- You need 1/3 cup of mayonnaise.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of paprika.
- Prepare 2 of large iceberg lettuce leaves, optional.
When I married, my m-in-law made a delicious tuna salad with apples as one of the main ingredients. I LOVED it and began to use that recipe. A simple dressing of mayo and apple cider vinegar makes the tuna salad tart. The dried cranberries and apple slices are a nice sweet contrast.
Apple and Tuna salad instructions
- Wash lid of tuna cans. Open and drain off water..
- Wash, core, and dice the apple. Add drained tuna to apple.
- Add mayonnaise and mix. Sprinkle with paprika. Serve on lettuce if you so choose. I hope you enjoy!.
Personally I love Genova's tuna the most because it's packed in a little olive oil, sustainably caught MSC Certified and incredibly fresh tasting. Today I'm sharing one of my favorite new ways to make tuna salad: with Genova Yellowfin Tuna, crunchy honeycrisp apples, cranberries, greek yogurt. No matter what, I need something that I can eat fast! Enter this Curried Tuna Salad with Apples. Curry powder is one of my favorite spices and I especially love it in tuna and chicken salad.