Lemon Sugar Cookies. I may be a chocoholic but these cookies got me from the first bite. It was from the first bite of cookie dough because after one taste, I was hooked! Lemon sugar cookies recipe taste like you've taken a big bite out of summer!
These Lemon Sugar Cookies are buttery and soft, with the perfect hint of lemon. They have always been one of my favorites and they really are quite versatile. I do adore Lemon Sugar Cookies-they are soft, chewy, and rolled in sugar. You can cook Lemon Sugar Cookies using 12 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Lemon Sugar Cookies
- Prepare 100 g (1/2 cup) of lard.
- It's 60 g (1/4 cup) of butter.
- It's 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 1 of large egg.
- You need 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It's of juice of 1 lemon.
- Prepare 1 3/4 cup of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 1/4 tsp of baking powder.
- It's 1/4 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1 of pintch salt.
- Prepare of Granulated sugar to sprinkle.
Ring in spring with a batch of Lemon Sugar Cookies. They are light, refreshing, and the perfect treat for a sunny day. Good thing the dough is super easy to whip up! I may have to make another batch for the weekend.
Lemon Sugar Cookies instructions
- Into a bowl add in lard, butter, sugars, egg, vanilla extract and lemon juice..
- Beat it until you get a fluffy cream..
- Sift in flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt..
- Mix until well combined and a soft dough is formed..
- Take the dough to the fridge to chill for about 15 minutes..
- While the dough chills pre-heat the oven to 180C/350F and grease two baking pans..
- Scoop out a tablespoonful of the dough and roll into a medium to small ball with your hands. Flatten them a little and place them onto the baking pan. Leave a bit of space between the cookies to allow them to spread a bit..
- Sprinkle granulated sugar over each cookie..
- Bake them for 12 to 15 minutes. The perfect moment to take them out of the oven is when they start to get golden brown on the edges while still white in the center..
- Allow them to cool on the baking pans for about 5 minutes before moving them to a cooling rack or a cold tray. They need that time to firm up as they leave the oven very softy..
- Enjoy the best lemon sugar cookie recipe you will ever try!.
Absolute PERFECT soft and chewy lemon sugar cookies, that stay soft! These Lemon Sugar Cookies are soft and chewy and with the perfect amount of citrus to bring some sunshine to your day. One bowl and no chill-this easy recipe will be a new favorite for the whole family! These lemon sugar cookies are thick and chewy and easy to freeze. Easy to make in one bowl with fresh lemon and everyday ingredients!