Soft Sugar Cookies ~Rainbow~. Compare Prices on Sugar Cookies Soft in Bakeware. Soft, chewy sugar cookies loaded with colorful sprinkles. This recipe was one of the first that I ever published, and I decided it was time for a facelift.
Such a happy and colorful twist to my regular sugar cookie, it's such an easy and pretty way to elevate the cookies a bit. The baking chips are made by American Crafts, and are called Homemade with Love Rainbow Baking Chips. You also have the option of using another baking chip compilation with a slightly different color palette (a. You can have Soft Sugar Cookies ~Rainbow~ using 11 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Soft Sugar Cookies ~Rainbow~
- It's 1/2 cup of Butter.
- You need 1/2 cup of Granulated Sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of Powdered Sugar.
- It's 1 of Egg.
- It's 1/2 tsp of Vanilla Extract.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Vegetable or Canola Oil.
- It's 2 1/4 of All-purpose Flour.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Baking Soda.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Cream of Tartar.
- You need 3 of Food dye/coloring.
Soft Sugar Cookies ~Rainbow~ instructions
- In a large bowl, cream together butter, granulated sugar, powdered sugar, egg, vanilla, and oil..
- In a different bowl, mix together all of the dry ingredients..
- Gradually add the dry ingredients into the creamed mixture; mix well..
- Separate the dough equally into three small bowls. Add desired food coloring to each bowl of dough. Blend until well combined..
- Chill the dough in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours..
- Roll out each ball of dough into 3 flat rectangles onto three separate sheets of wax paper. Stack on top of each, wax paper side down..
- Roll out each ball of dough into 3 flat (desired thickness) rectangles, onto three separate sheets of wax paper. Stack on top of each, wax paper side down. Freeze, 30 minutes-1 hour.
- Take out sheets of dough, peel off sheets and press together. Roll tightly into a log. Freeze for 30mins-1hour..
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cut cookie dough into 1/2-inch slices and place on a cookie sheet about 1-inch apart..
- Bake for 12-15 minutes. Do NOT over bake!.
- Cookies should be soft.
I have been getting requests all over the place to create a funfetti cookie with sprinkles. They have been so popular all over Instagram these days since a bakery in New York City are selling them like crazy. There's something really special about mastering a classic and my Soft Sugar Cookies recipe has got all techniques to make your sugar cookie soft just the way you want it. Decorated to the nines with colored frosting, and of course a mix of fun rainbow sprinkles, these cookies are perfect for all kinds of celebrations! Place ¼ cup sugar in a small bowl.