Blackened Corn and Shrimp Salad. I love making salads for dinner in the summer. They are quick and easy and use up lots of summer produce. I loaded this salad up with tons of Mexican flavor: grilled corn, black beans, salsa and a couple squeezes of fresh lime juice.
Blackening is a style of cooking that is most often associated with Cajun cuisine. Dump the mixture over your shrimp and stir until each one is coated generously. I make a huge salad, blackened shrimp and blackened chicken, fresh sweet corn and everyone is. You can cook Blackened Corn and Shrimp Salad using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Blackened Corn and Shrimp Salad
- You need 2 ears of sweet corn, cut off the cob.
- Prepare 20-25 of medium sized fresh or thawed shrimp, deveined and peeled.
- Prepare 2 T of vegetable oil.
- You need 2 of large slicing tomatoes, cut into bite-sized pieces.
- It's 2 of shallots, diced.
- It's 1 of jalapeño pepper, diced.
- You need 1/4 c of fresh basil leaves, diced.
- It's 1/4 c of mayonnaise, more to taste.
- It's 6 oz of Cojita cheese, crumbled, more for garnish.
- It's of Juice from 1 lime.
- Prepare 1 T of chili powder or to taste.
- Prepare 1/2 T of smoked paprika or to taste.
- It's 3 of green onions, diced.
- It's to taste of Salt.
Recipe Pairing Guides » Seafood Recipes » Shrimp » Black Bean, Corn, and Shrimp Salad. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Grilled Blackened Shrimp Recipe - the ultimate grilling season food. Learn how to make the perfect grilled blackened shrimp at home.
Blackened Corn and Shrimp Salad step by step
- In a large iron skillet, heat vegetable oil over high heat until shimmering..
- Add corn. Let sit without stirring for two minutes, until corn begins to char. Stir once and let sit for another two minutes..
- Add shrimp. Continue to cook, stirring once every two minutes, until shrimp is cooked through, corn has blackened bits and is beginning to pop in the pan. You want a dry pan for the corn to blacken properly-- if the shrimp or corn release too much water during cooking, you can drain it off with a strainer and return the corn and shrimp to the skillet to continue charring. I find this is usually only a problem with frozen shrimp..
- Put corn and shrimp in a large heatproof bowl, scraping the skillet as you go so you don't lose any of those delicious blackened bits. Add in the tomatoes, shallots, jalapeño, basil, mayonnaise, Cojita cheese, lime juice, chili powder and paprika. Taste and add salt, additional lime juice, chili powder, mayo or paprika as needed..
- Serve with a slotted spoon into four bowls or plates. Top with green onions, additional Cojita cheese and, if desired, a sprinkle of chili powder or paprika..
Served with grilled corn on the cob and grilled potatoes in foil. Use this grilled shrimp for tacos, salads or wraps. Toss shrimp with chili powder, garlic salt and cumin. Add lime juice and remove shrimp from pan. How to blacken shrimp, shrimp recipe, seafood recipe You can also order the Island Grill Stone from Amazon.com by clicking here for a round stone.