Chorizo Hash with Poached Eggs. Prepare the Tequila Sauce as per the recipe. Next, cook the Chorizo Potato Hash. Keep both dishes warm over a low heat.
Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper. Top the hash with the poached eggs and scatter with the spring onions, parsley, salt and freshly ground black pepper. Bring edge of cup level with surface of water, gently sliding egg into water. You can have Chorizo Hash with Poached Eggs using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chorizo Hash with Poached Eggs
- You need 3 of chorizo sausages,quatered lengthwise,thickly sliced.
- You need 2 large of potatoes,peeled,cut into 2cm pieces.
- You need 1 medium of red onion,coarsely chopped.
- It's 2 tbsp of vegetable or olive oil.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic, crushed.
- You need 200 grams of cup mushrooms, quartered.
- It's 1/4 cup of coarsley chopped flat leaf parsley.
- It's 1 tbsp of white vinegar.
- Prepare 4 of eggs at room temp.
- Prepare 1 of lemon wedges and crusty bread,to serve.
Remove with slotted spoon; drain well. Southwestern Chorizo Hash is an easy and delicious versatile hash recipe that is perfect for any meal of the day. The jalapeno and chorizo sausage is complemented with a beautifully poached egg. Prepare and cook the hash: Place the diced potatoes in a large saucepan and fill with cold, salted water.
Chorizo Hash with Poached Eggs instructions
- Preheat oven to 220°F./ 200°F fan forced.
- Combine chorizo, potato and onion in a roasting pan.
- Drizzle oil over potato mixture, add garlic , season with salt. Toss to coat. Bake for 20 minutes , stirring halfway through cooking..
- Add mushrooms to roasting pan, stir to combine. Bake for 8 - 10 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Remove from oven. Stir in parsley..
- Meanwhile , half fill a medium sized saucepan with water. Add vinegar , bring to boil..
- For each egg , crack an egg into cup. Gently stir the boiling water to make a whirlpool. Carefully pour egg into whirlpool , poach for 1-2 min for a soft egg..
- Using a slotted spoon , transfer eggs to a plate , cover and keep warm..
- Spoon potato mixture into shallow serving bowls, top with egg, sprinkle with pepper, serve with lemon wedges and bread.
Add a splash of sherry vinegar, the paprika and season. Chorizo hash with poached egg; This competition is now closed. Add the sliced cooked potatoes and the spring onion and cook gently, stirring occasionally, for five minutes. This gives a wonderful range of textures and flavours from hardly any ingredients. Use the freshest eggs possible for poaching - the white will set around the yolk more easily.