Chocolate Cake for Birthday. Come See our Unique Cake Gifts! Check out our new Mini Cake Explosion Boxes and Mini Cake Variety Packs Great For Breakfast Time, Snack Time, Any Time. Get A Bite Of The Taste Of Celebration!
In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar and salt. How to Make a Chocolate Birthday Cake from Scratch. One of our Test Kitchen's favorites for birthdays is this chocolate cake recipe with chocolate frosting from Megan Moelbert of Springville, NY. You can cook Chocolate Cake for Birthday using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chocolate Cake for Birthday
- It's of For Cake:.
- You need 120 gms of flour.
- Prepare 6 of eggs(room temperature).
- Prepare 30 gms of cocoa powder.
- It's 1 tsp of Chocolate essence.
- Prepare 1.1 of /2 tsp Baking powder.
- You need 150 gms of Castor Sugar.
- Prepare of For Fondant.
- It's 12 of large marshmallows.
- You need 1/4 cup of water.
- It's 500-700 g of icing sugar.
- It's of vegatable shortening for greasing cornflour to dust.
The recipe is straightforward and uses baking basics—perfect if you're making a last-minute cake for a surprise party. It's a double-layer devil's-food cake made with cocoa and bittersweet chocolate, the same pair that makes the frosting so luscious. My husband is responsible for the recipe behind this Chocolate Birthday Cake. More than a decade ago, back when he and I were just dating, I asked him what kind of cake he wanted me to bake for him for his birthday.
Chocolate Cake for Birthday instructions
- For cake: Preheat oven on 180.Grease a 12 inches pan.now sift flour with baking powder and cocoa..
- Separate egg whites and beat till soft peaks form.Add sugar and yolks and beat till the mixture become fluffy and creamy.Now gradually add flour in batches and folding between each addition..
- Add essence.use spatulate or wooden spoon for folding.fold till no streaks of flour remain in the dough..
- Now pour the batter in greased pan and bake for 20 minuts.Let the cake cool in room temperature..
- For fondant: Grease microwave safe bowl with little shortening or butter, add marshmallows and water..
- Microwave at 30 sec intervals stirring in between with greased wooden spoon till completely melted..
- Add half sugar and need Grease hands well before kneading..
- Keep adding sugar till not sticky..should have a little pull to it but not be super strechy..
He told me he loves chocolate cake with chocolate frosting. Melt the butter over a low heat in a small pan, pour it into a bowl. The richness of the chocolate cake is offset by the sweet tartness of the raspberries. The truffle like frosting is inspired and balances out the sweetness of the cake itself. And it's as pretty as a picture.