Mixed Paella. Mixed Paella is a classic paella recipe! If you haven't made your mind up whether you want a This is the recipe that springs to mind to most people think of paella. While Valencia, the homeland of paella.
For most cooks, paella is a time-consuming production best saved for that Saturday evening dinner party. A senior co-worker of mine made me this dish years ago, and I was impressed that you can make it at home. She gave me the recipe and it has changed as I've made it over and over. You can have Mixed Paella using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mixed Paella
- It's 500 ml of Uncooked rice (unwashed).
- Prepare 1 of thigh Chicken thigh.
- It's 4 of prawns Shrimp (with shell, and head if possible).
- You need 8 of clams Hamaguri clams.
- It's 4 of Asparagus.
- It's 1/2 of Red bell pepper.
- You need 2 clove of Garlic.
- You need 1 of Onion.
- Prepare 2 of Soup stock cubes.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Saffron.
- Prepare 1 of Lemon.
Packed with chicken, shrimp, rice, tomatoes, peas and stuffed olives, this vibrant meal is quick and filling. Mixed Paella Recipe photo by Taste of Home. To serve traditionally, set the paella in the middle of a round or square table so that everyone can eat it directly. Video recipe showing how to make Mixed Paella with chicken, shrimp and clams and using Cook's Delight Chicken Base.
Mixed Paella step by step
- Finely chop the ginger, garlic and onions. Cut asparagus into halves, and the red bell pepper into thin strips. Cut the chicken into big pieces and de-vein the shrimp..
- Add 500 ml of hot water, soup stock, saffron, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt in a small pot. Cook on low heat..
- In a shallow pan, heat olive oil and lightly stir fry asparagus and red bell peppers. Remove them from the pan. Continue cooking chicken and shrimp until browned and season lightly with salt and pepper. Remove from the pan..
- Add more olive oil to the pan and stir fry garlic and onions. Add rice and stir fry until the rice becomes transparent..
- Pour the soup from Step 2 onto the rice and spread out the rice evenly. Arrange the chicken, shrimp, hamaguri clams, red bell peppers, and asparagus. Space them out evenly..
- Place the lid on and cook on low heat for 15 minutes. (Taste the rice and if it's still hard, steam a little more.) Serve with lemon..
It was inspired by our a recent trip to Sevilla, Spain. Paella Mixta or Mixed Paella is another delicious Paella Variation that I enjoy eating. Other seafood paella versions that do not have meat are Paella Marinera, Paella de Mariscos, and Seafood Paella. Be the first to review this recipe. This is the easiest way to cook a Spanish mixed paella and still can call it paella.