Leeks and Potatoes. I like to combine potatoes and extra veggies when roasting potatoes. The starchy vegetable needs a little extra aroma on the pan. Adding garlic, onion, or in my case LEEKS, really enhances the flavor.
Elevate your weeknight or 'company' dinner by adding leeks and fresh parsley to buttered potatoes! Leek and Potato Soup is a thick and creamy classic French Potato Soup that starts with garlic butter in which leeks are slowly sautéed to bring out the sweet flavour. It's simple to make, cosy and. You can have Leeks and Potatoes using 25 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Leeks and Potatoes
- Prepare of Meat and vegetables.
- You need 2 of large leeks.
- You need 2 of large carrots.
- It's 1 pound of potatoes.
- You need 1 pound of chicken breast boneless and skinless.
- It's 2 quart of water.
- It's of Precooked extras.
- You need 2 cups of macaroni and cheese see my recipe.
- It's 2 cups of mashed potatoes see my recipe.
- It's of Spices.
- It's 1 tablespoon of mustard powder.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- It's As needed of salt and ground black pepper.
- You need 2 tablespoons of parsley flakes.
- Prepare of Meatballs.
- It's 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese.
- You need 2/3 pound of ground sirloin.
- Prepare To taste of salt and pepper.
- Prepare of Thickener and frying.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of oil to shallow fry in.
- Prepare 1/2 stick of butter.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of flour.
- It's 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- It's 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- It's To taste of salt.
Roasted Potatoes and Leeks is a wonderful easy side dish to make. You can make these easily with very little preparation. A smooth, creamy leek and potato soup that's full of flavour. Make it into a meal with plenty of bread and butter.
Leeks and Potatoes step by step
- Boil the chicken in water. Slice the carrots and leeks on a bias. Cut the chicken, when done, into manageable pieces and add back to the water..
- Add the leeks and carrots, then add the spices. Stir well..
- Simmer covered and slice the potatoes and fry them. Fry till just turning golden brown remove from the oil. Put on a paper towel to absorb excessive amounts of oil. Season with a little salt..
- Mix the ground sirloin with the salt and pepper. Add in the cheese and mix well. Make little meatballs and fry till crispy on the outside..
- Turn as needed I did 2 batches. When crispy add right in to the leeks..
- When all the meatballs are in add the fried potatoes. Simmer covered 20 minutes. Add the mashed potatoes and macaroni and cheese. Stir well..
- Add salt and pepper to the butter and melt in the microwave. Stir in the flour and olive oil..
- Pour this thickener into the leeks and cook. Stirring constantly till thickened and the flour has cooked for about 10-12 minutes. Let rest 15 minutes give it a good stir and serve. I hope you enjoy!!!.
Scalloped potatoes with sauteed leeks can be assembled a day in advance in a casserole that travels from refrigerator to oven to table. Scatter one-quarter of leeks over potatoes. Peel and slice the potatoes into very thin rounds. Layer half of the potatoes in the buttered dish, then layer half of the cooked leeks over the potatoes. These Leek and potato patties make delicious appetizers or an ideal side dish to accompany many meat dishes.