My mom's Chilean pound cake. Great recipe for My mom's Chilean pound cake. This is my mom's base recipe for cakes, she would make them in a rectangular mold and serve slices of it, specially with the afternoon tea. It is easy enough to make that she made me and my brothers help with it to keep us busy in the summers, and we.
Another cake my relatives ask my mom to make for them in lieu of Christmas gifts! This is my dad's all time favorite cake-he wants it for his birthday, Father's day--any excuse will do! Another cake my relatives ask my mom to make for them in lieu of Christmas gifts!. You can have My mom's Chilean pound cake using 7 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of My mom's Chilean pound cake
- It's 1 cup of sugar.
- It's 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 3 cups of flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of milk.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of butter.
- It's 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- You need 1 of orange.
Her top-two recipes — big surprise — both involved chocolate. Chocolate Cake, a pound cake from my great-grandmother's (and President Johnson's) day that was sweet and. It's dotted with sweet carrots and a hint of cinnamon. While pound cake has traditionally been made with a pound each of butter, sugar, eggs, and flour, I've made some small adjustments for the best flavor (hello, vanilla extract!).
My mom's Chilean pound cake step by step
- Pre heat the oven at 180 °C.
- Beat sugar and eggs together with electric mixer..
- Melt butter, then add butter and milk to the mix..
- Pass the flour and baking powder through a strainer before adding to the dough. Incorporate to the mix..
- Squeeze the juice and grate the skin of about 1/3 or 1/2 of the orange (depending on size of orange and desired taste). Add to the dough and mix. Dough should be liquid enough to pour into the mold but very thick..
- OPTIONAL: for flavoring, you may change the orange for lemon, cocoa powder, 1 tbp vanilla essence, anise, etc..
- Spread some oil on the inside surfaces of the mold, pour the mix in evenly and put inside the oven for 40 to 60 minutes. Do not open the oven door before 40 minutes as it might become flat..
- Remove from the oven and stick a pointy knife in the middle of the cake until you reach the bottom of the mold. Remove the knife, if it comes out with batter or stains from it, put back in the oven for about 10 minutes. Repeat this process until knife comes out mostly clean..
- Let rest for about 10 minutes and preferably serve warm. You can also serve it cool after it has cooled down. Keep in an airtight container, preferably at room temperature as the fridge might make it become stiff..
- OPTIONAL: decorate the top with frosting, melted chocolate, fruits, sprinkles, etc. You may also serve a slice with honey or syrup on top.
My recipe has a soft, buttery crumb that's perfectly dense without being at all dry or crumbly and I think you're really going to like it! One of my favorite things about pound cake is how versatile it can be. For the pictures and video you see here, I kept things simple and just gave it a little powdered sugar and a dollop of soft whipped cream. But you can top this pound cake in all sorts of ways! Try it with peaches, berries, or any kind of fresh fruit.