Blueberry Lemon Cake. Sunshine-sweet lemon blueberry layer cake dotted with juicy berries and topped with lush cream cheese frosting. It's not too sweet and not too tangy, but just right. The only cake you need all spring.
This cake is beyond moist, with the perfect zing from lemon zest and juice. I divided my buttercream into two batches; one is flavored with a blueberry reduction while the other is all lemon. Paleo Lemon Blueberry Cake is gluten-free, dairy-free and the perfect spring and summer cake recipe. You can cook Blueberry Lemon Cake using 20 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Blueberry Lemon Cake
- You need of Cake.
- It’s 1 cup of unsalted butter *softened to room temperature.
- You need 1 1/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of light brown sugar.
- You need 4 large of eggs *at room temperature.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 3 cup of all-purpose flour *careful not to overmeasure.
- It’s 1 tbsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 cup of buttermilk.
- Prepare 3 medium of Lemon *ZEST AND JUICE.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of Fresh Bluebarries.
- You need 1 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- It’s of Cream cheese frosting.
- You need 8 oz of full-fat cream cheese.
- You need 1/2 cup of unsalted butter *room temperature.
- Prepare 3 1/2 cup of confectioners sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of 1-2 tablespoon Heavy Whip Cream.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 pinch of salt.
It's bright, lemony and covered in a heaping amount of fresh blueberries. This Lemon Blueberry Cake is extra lemony thanks to the lemon juice, zest, and extract in the batter and frosting. This Lemon Blueberry Cake is another one that's been a long time in the making — I just never got around to it. But I wanted something pretty, light, and delicious for spring, so I thought it would be.
Blueberry Lemon Cake instructions
- Directions: Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray three 9×2 inch cake pans with nonstick spray. Set aside. Make the cake. Using a handheld or stand mixer with a paddle attachment, beat the butter on high until creamy – about 1 minute. Add granulated and brown sugars and beat on medium-high speed until creamed, about 2-3 minutes. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed. Add eggs and vanilla. Beat on medium speed until everything is combined, about 2 full minutes. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed. Set aside.In a large sized bowl, toss together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Beat on low speed for 5 seconds, then add the milk, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Remove from the mixer and stir lightly until everything is just combined. Toss the blueberries in 1 Tablespoon of flour and fold into the batter. Batter is extremely thick. Do not overmix at any point. Overmixing will lend a toug.
Blueberry Lemon Cake is a delicious refreshing cake perfect for summer. Three layers of blueberry buttery cake bursting with lemon flavor and filled with a delicate lemon swiss meringue buttercream. This Lemon Blueberry Cake Recipe is moist, decadent and the perfect combination of sweet blueberries and tart citrus flavor! If your Lemon Blueberry Cake didn't rise, there could be the following reasons: wrong or too little flour or the wrong oven temperature. This very lemony blueberry cake is the perfect sweet treat to bring to your Fourth of July The cake is really easy to mix up by hand.