Birthday Cake - Layered Chocolate/Sugar Cake. Come See our Unique Cake Gifts! Check out our new Mini Cake Explosion Boxes and Mini Cake Variety Packs Great For Breakfast Time, Snack Time, Any Time. Get A Bite Of The Taste Of Celebration!
Place the assembled and coated cake in the fridge to chill overnight or until set. This Ultimate Birthday Cake has a layer of chocolate chip cookie on the bottom, funfetti cheesecake in the center, then a layer of mini. Place the fourth and final cake layer on top upside-down, so that the bottom of the cake layer becomes the top of the cake. You can have Birthday Cake - Layered Chocolate/Sugar Cake using 10 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Birthday Cake - Layered Chocolate/Sugar Cake
- You need 6 of large or jumbo eggs (8 regular).
- It's 1 cup of + 2 tablespoons sugar.
- You need of Few drops of vanilla extract.
- It's 2 cups of flour.
- You need 2 teaspoons of baking powder.
- You need of Wax paper (optional, but helpful).
- It's 2 of 8x10 pans (can modify).
- It's 1-2 of milk chocolate frostings.
- Prepare 2 cups of water.
- Prepare of Sprinkles (optional).
Coat top and sides of cake with a thin layer of buttercream icing. How to assemble the cake: Cut the bump off the chocolate cake so you have a nice flat cake. Using the the middle section of the vanilla cake, cut a hole in the centre all the way though that one layer. While this cake is delicious on its own, you can frost it if you'd like to really take it up a notch!
Birthday Cake - Layered Chocolate/Sugar Cake instructions
- Please note that the pictures were taken while making half of this cake..
- Preheat oven to 350’F..
- Combine eggs, 1 cup sugar, and a few drops of vanilla extract. Whisk or beat on high for approximately 1-2 minutes or until fluffy..
- Add in 2 cups of flour and 2 teaspoons of baking powder. Slowly combine with spoon/spatula..
- Split mix into 2 8x10 pans with wax paper. Yes, it is very thin. Spread it out. :).
- Bake at 350’F for 7-10 minutes. You want the cake to be a little soft and spongy still. Immediately remove it from tray and let it cool for a few minutes..
- While baking, boil or microwave 1-2 cups of water and dissolve 1-2 tablespoons of sugar (proportionately 1 cup/1 tablespoon). Microwave or heat ~1/3-2/3 of frosting container in a separate bowl/mug for each layer of cake [amount depends on how much chocolate you want to add, and 1/2 vs full cake]. (See next steps below for more info)..
- Flip first cake over onto a plate/tray. [If making half of this in one pan, you can cut cake in half.].
- Ok- so here’s the unusual part... ??♀️ Slowly pour 1/2 cup of hot sugar water on the first layer, soaking the cake completely. Next, pour your ~1/3-2/3 hot melted chocolate frosting on top. The goal is to allow the chocolate to seep into the cake..
- Once completed, repeat this process for each layer of cake placed on top. (I’m hesitant to do more than two total layers because it’s so saturated.) Place in refrigerator to cool..
- Once cool, use the remaining frosting to frost the cake. (You can trim cake first if you’d like.) Add sprinkles or decorations! Enjoy!.
It's a double-layer devil's-food cake made with cocoa and bittersweet chocolate, the same pair that makes the frosting so luscious. I'm so excited to be sharing this cake with you today. Many of you have asked for healthier cake recipes. This sugar free cake recipe was a twist on our traditional chocolate cake. It's lower in calories so you can enjoy as big of a slice as you'd like…no guilt included!