Chocolate Covered Cherries. Not only is this my family's favorite festive dessert, but it makes a delicious holiday present, too. Best of all, you can (and should) prepare these ahead. Chocolate-covered cherries are a classic candy recipe!
Chocolate Covered Cherries Recipe: Line a large plate with parchment paper, and set aside. Combine the liquid coconut oil and sweetener, then stir in the cocoa until a thin sauce forms. Chocolate covered cherries are always a treat, but they are especially delectable when you get the chance to buy Cherry Republic. You can cook Chocolate Covered Cherries using 17 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chocolate Covered Cherries
- Prepare of fondant.
- It's 2 1/2 cup of confectioners sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of butter, softened.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of milk.
- It's 1/2 tsp of almond extract.
- You need 1/4 tsp of invertase.
- Prepare of additional ingredients.
- Prepare 2 (8 ounce) of jars of maraschino cherries, with stems.
- Prepare 1 cup of cherry flavored brandy.
- It's 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- You need 1 cup of white chocolate chips.
- You need 2 tbsp of Crisco.
- You need of optional garnishes.
- You need 1 of mini M&Ms candies.
- You need 1 of finely chopped pecans.
- Prepare 1 of candy sprinkles.
- Prepare 1 of Heath bar chips.
Chocolate-covered cherries are a traditional popular dessert confection. Variations include cherry cordials with liquid fillings often including cherry liqueur, as well as chocolate-covered candied cherries and chocolate-covered dried cherries. It's National Chocolate Covered Cherry Day!! Celebrate by making chocolate covered cherries--more specifically--cherry cordials with liquid centers!
Chocolate Covered Cherries step by step
- Drain the 2 jars of cherries (save the liquid--it's good in cola drinks!). Split the brandy between the 2 jars of cherries. If cherries aren't completely covered by the brandy, add some of the reserved cherry liquid to cover. Replace the jar lids and refrigerate for 2 days..
- In a small mixing bowl (from electric stand mixer) combine the fondant ingredients and mix well. Knead until smooth and form into a large ball. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate..
- Drain the 2 jars of cherries (save the liquid--it's now even BETTER in cola drinks! LOL). Lay cherries on paper towels..
- Roll chilled fondant into 1-inch balls and flatten each into a 2-inch circle. Wrap around cherries to completely cover and smoosh tightly around the lowest part of the cherry stem. You want the cherries to be completely sealed by the fondant, kind of "air tight"..
- Place with stems up on waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Cover loosely and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight..
- Place the semi-sweet chocolate chips and the white chocolate chips in 2 separate coffe mugs. Add 1 tablespoon Crisco shortening to each. (It's best to just work with one of the cups of chips at a time from this point on, dipping half your cherries in the dark chocolate before melting the white chocolate for dipping the other half of your cherries.).
- Microwave chocolate chips for 1 minute. Stir. If not completely melted, continue microwaving ONLY in 5-second intervals, just until melted..
- Holding on to stem, dip cherries into chocolate, allow excess to drip back into the cup of chocolate, and roll (if desired) in any of the additional decorating ingredients. Set on waxed paper to harden..
- Store in a covered container. Refrigerate 1-2 weeks before serving so that the fondant (specifically, the invertase) somewhat liquifies the cherry..
How To Make Chocolate-Covered Cherries Better Than Anyone. Even you should go above and beyond with chocolate cherries. See more ideas about Chocolate covered cherries, Female soldier, Military girl. Chocolate-covered cherries are a classic candy recipe! Spiked Chocolate Covered Cherries: This wouldn't be a proper series on IBC without a few I've been a fan of chocolate covered cherries since I first tasted one.