Simple birthday cake recipe. A classic yellow cake with a rich chocolate frosting and colorful sprinkles. I kept the decorating on this cake simple. No fancy piping or chocolate drips or anything.
We've pulled together our most popular recipes, our latest additions and our editor's picks, so there's sure to be something tempting for you to try. There's something magical about a simple Victoria sponge. Butter, sugar, eggs and flour - just four ingredients that work wonders when put together. You can cook Simple birthday cake recipe using 11 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Simple birthday cake recipe
- Prepare of Butter 1 1/2simas.
- It's 1 1/2 cups of Sugar.
- It's 9 of eggs.
- It's 2 1/2 cupS of flour.
- You need 1 tbsp of Flavour.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of Baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Baking soda.
- Prepare 1 cup of Whipping cream.
- Prepare of Cold water.
- Prepare of Sprinkles.
- It's of Nutella.
Our birthday cake recipe yields two dense layers of buttery, vanilla-forward white cake wrapped in classically rich buttercream frosting. Spread frosting between cake layers and on top of cake. Use a bench scraper for smooth sides. Sprinkle candy sprinkles around top edge and around base of cake.
Simple birthday cake recipe instructions
- Preheat ur oven at 180 degrees....In a bowl add your butter and mix until white and fluffy mix from low,medium to high speed.
- Add ur sugar and mix.
- Start adding ur eggs one by one and mix for abt 6-8 min.
- In a separate bowl add ur flour,baking powder,baking soda and sieve.
- Add ur dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix using spatula mix throughly until it's well combined.
- Lastly add ur desired flavor.
- Greese ur baking pan with butter and pour in ur batter(u can divide ur batter in to 2 or pour it all).bake at 180 degrees until a golden brown color is achieved insert toothpick to know if it's done.
- Let it cool.
- For the whipping cream add cold water and mix until it bcmz foamy...if the whipping cream is in liquid form mix without adding the water until foaming....add ur whipped cream between the cakes and cover the cake with the whipped cream.
- Put ur whipped cream in piping bag and design with a desired nozzles.
- Lastly melt Nutella and garnish add ur sprinkles.
I tested this birthday cake recipe using equal amounts of all purpose flour and cake flour and was satisfied with it both ways. *You can check out my previous (un)Birthday celebrations (and learn why I call it an "Unbirthday") in my Funfetti Cake Recipe and in last year's Cookie Dough Pops post. Our favorite simple birthday cakes that anyone can make - even if you haven't made a birthday cake before! With easy shortcuts and step-by-step The frosting on each of them is just buttercream or whipped frosting (no complicated fondant in these recipes!). Some of these cakes (like the Crepe. From chocolate or white cake to lemon and carrot cake, you'll find dozens of the best birthday cake recipes, just waiting to be decorated.