Chicken Pot Pie. This classic Chicken Pot Pie is filled with tender pieces of chicken, carrot, celery, potato, and herbs. It's cozy comfort food that's wonderful in the winter! This homemade chicken pot pie recipe streamlines your work by using frozen peas and carrots and Pillsbury™ refrigerated pie crusts.
Or speed things up by using cooked chicken! Homemade Chicken Pot Pie could be the king of all comfort foods, and this homemade version is a guaranteed family favorite! I use a homemade pie crust for my chicken pot pie. You can cook Chicken Pot Pie using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Pot Pie
- Prepare 4 of boneless, skinless, chicken breasts, cooked and shredded.
- You need 2 C. of frozen mixed vegetables, thawed.
- It's 1 3/4 C. of chicken broth.
- Prepare 1/4 C. of flour.
- It's 1/3 C. of butter.
- It's 1/3 C. of chopped onion.
- It's 1 C. of milk, divided.
- Prepare 1 C. of Bisquick.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp. of black pepper.
This chicken pot pie recipe is loaded with flavor. It's got flaky pie crust and a buttery creamy I initially wanted to make an easy chicken pot pie. So, I started out using refrigerated pie dough, all. A pot pie is a type of pie with a top pie crust, and a bottom pie crust, consisting of flaky pastry.
Chicken Pot Pie instructions
- Melt butter in skillet over medium-high heat until bubbly, add chopped onion and cook for 3-4 min or until onion is fragrant and soft..
- Add to the skillet flour, salt and pepper. Stir in chicken broth and 1/2 C. milk slowly and continue stirring until sauce has thickened..
- Bring chicken and vegetables to skillet and mix well..
- In a small bowl combine bisquick, remaining milk and egg..
- Pour filling into baking dish and pour Bisquick batter over top and spread to even out. Pop it in the oven for 30 min. Enjoy!.
The term is used in North America. Pot pies may be made with a variety of fillings including poultry, beef. Here's a from-scratch Chicken Pot Pie adapted from Marshall Field's classic recipe. With a slow-cooked chicken, a creamy vegetable filling, and a handmade pie crust, this pot pie is the ultimate. Chicken pot pie is just so good.