Potatoes and sausage casserole. The subtle spices in the pork sausage give this dish a distinctive flavor that my family has loved for years. This easy egg casserole is filled with sausage, cheese, breakfast potatoes, red pepper, onion, and spinach. If you have company coming for the holidays, I highly recommend you make this Sausage, Cheese, and Potato Egg Casserole.
This easy breakfast casserole is a complete meal with eggs, potatoes and sausage. This gluten free and clean eating recipe with overnight option makes a perfect Christmas morning breakfast. After a late Christmas Eve, it's so convenient to feed hungry bellies with a hearty meal with no morning prep. You can have Potatoes and sausage casserole using 9 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Potatoes and sausage casserole
- You need 5 lb of potatoes.
- You need 2 lb of sausage (i type is up to you, i used just polish sausage).
- It's 1 of red bell pepper.
- Prepare 1 of green bell pepper.
- You need 1 of onion.
- Prepare 1 of family size can of condensed cream of chicken.
- You need 1 of family size can of condensed cream of mushroom.
- It's 2 envelope of goya con azafran.
- It's 1 tbsp of Italian seasoning.
The classic flavors of sausage, eggs, cheese, and potatoes blend together for a real crowd-pleaser. This casserole can be the centerpiece of a lovely spread including fresh fruit, fruit juice, yogurt, and breakfast pastries. You can use your favorite kind of frozen prepared hash browns for convenience. Sausage casserole has never been simpler to make than with this easy recipe combining cannellini beans, plum tomatoes and potatoes into one delicious dish.
Potatoes and sausage casserole instructions
- Preheat oven to 375°. Clean potatoes and then cut into circles.
- After potatoes cut up let them soak in salted water while doing the rest of the prep. About 10-20 minutes..
- Cut up onion and bell peppers how you like. I dice up peppers and leave the onion in long strands..
- Cut up the sausage in circles.
- Mix cream of mushroom and cream of chicken soups in lg bowl..
- Mix in goyo con azafran and Italian seasoning. Or can use what seasoning you really like..
- Drain the potatoes. Use lg baking pan and lightly spray with cooking oil. Then start layering the potatoes on the bottom of the pan..
- Next layer sausage on top of potatoes.
- Next layer onion on top.
- Next layer peppers on top.
- Keep repeating the layer till pan 3/4 full..
- Next ladle soup over top of layers. Shake it down a bit and ladle it again till top layer covered..
- Cover pan with foil. Put in preheat 375° oven and bake for 1hr or more until potatoes are soft. ( i had to bake mine for 1 1/2 hrs).
- Remove from oven once the potatoes are soft and enjoy..
Plus, it's ready in under an hour! This easy-to-make Sweet Potato Sausage Casserole is a go-to recipe. Enjoy as a main dish or side dish. Mash sweet potatoes and set aside. In a skillet over medium heat, break up sausage and cook until no pink remains.