Mushroom & Spinach bruschetta. Check Out Top Brands On eBay. A mushroom or toadstool is the fleshy, spore-bearing fruiting body of a fungus, typically produced above ground, on soil, or on its food source. The standard for the name "mushroom" is the cultivated white button mushroom, Agaricus bisporus; hence the word "mushroom" is most often applied to those fungi (Basidiomycota, Agaricomycetes) that have a stem (), a cap (), and gills (lamellae, sing.
He adds the meat to a bowl and adds in a quarter cup of onions, salt and. Mushroom, the conspicuous umbrella-shaped fruiting body (sporophore) of certain fungi, typically of the order Agaricales in the phylum Basidiomycota but also of some other groups. Popularly, the term mushroom is used to identify the edible sporophores; the term toadstool is often reserved for inedible sporophores. You can have Mushroom & Spinach bruschetta using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mushroom & Spinach bruschetta
- You need 1 of small loaf baguette.
- You need 1 clove of garlic, halved.
- It's 1 pint of cremini mushrooms.
- You need 1/4 pound of Gruyere cheese, grated (a generous cup).
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Sherry (or Marsala).
- Prepare pinch of salt, if needed.
- You need of fresh thyme leaves (about 2 Tbsp, plus more for garnish).
- You need of Fresh cracked black pepper.
- Prepare of Hand full of fresh spinach.
Portobello caps are filled with patties made from ground beef, chorizo, bacon, and seasonings, then baked until tender. Here's what you need to know to choose, store, and cook them. Any of various fungi that produce a fleshy fruiting body, especially one consisting of a stalk with an umbrella-shaped cap. b. Mushroom definition is - an enlarged complex aboveground fleshy fruiting body of a fungus (such as a basidiomycete) that consists typically of a stem bearing a pileus; especially : one that is edible.
Mushroom & Spinach bruschetta step by step
- Cut the bread in half lengthwise, so you have a large cut surface. You will not need the whole loaf, I used about a 6 inch by 6 inch piece of ciabatta. Grill the bread, cut side down, on a hot grill until it starts to get nice char marks. Rub the cut side of the garlic across the bread while it is still hot. Set aside. Dust off the mushrooms with a clean dish cloth. Trim off the tips of the stems, and then thickly slice them..
- Heat a cast iron or saute pan on medium high, and add the mushrooms and thyme leaves. Dry saute the mushrooms, stirring often so they won't stick to the pan, until they release their moisture and are softened. This will only take a couple of minutes. Add spinach.
- Add the sherry and let it sizzle for just a few seconds. Stir to deglaze the pan and get up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Season with a pinch of salt, if needed..
- Spoon the mushrooms and any juice onto the bread. Top with the cheese, some black pepper, and a little more fresh thyme. Broil until the cheese is melted..
- Notes -slice the bread into individual portions and enjoy right away..
- Notes -Set aside a few cooked mushroom slices to garnish the bruschetta after it comes out of the broiler if you want it to look like it does in the photos..
- Notes- use what you have or what you like. I didn’t have the sherry, the right mushrooms or the right cheese lol... and it still turned out awesome..
How to use mushroom in a sentence. Mushrooms contain protein, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. These can have various health benefits. For example, antioxidants are chemicals that help the body eliminate free radicals. Agaricus bisporus can be harvested at varying stages of.