Creamy Chicken and Cheddar Rice. Sue Mallick with Food City presents a wonderful recipe for Creamy Chicken and Cheddar Rice at Food City's Cooking School. Sprinkle with garlic powder (if desired). Add soup and milk; Bring to boil.
One Dish Chicken & Rice Bake. Easy Baked Chicken & Rice Casserole. This one-dish wonder features moist, tender chicken breasts covered with melted cheddar cheese, sitting on a bed of creamy rice and vegetables. You can have Creamy Chicken and Cheddar Rice using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Creamy Chicken and Cheddar Rice
- Prepare 1 lb of boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into strips.
- You need 1 tsp of onion powder.
- Prepare 10 3/4 oz of condensed cream of mushroom soup.
- You need 12 oz of evaporated milk.
- It's 1 1/2 cup of minute white rice, uncooked.
- You need 2 cup of chopped broccoli, fresh or frozen.
- You need 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
Add chicken, rice, half-and-half and broth to Dutch oven; heat to simmering. Cover and keep warm over low heat while bread finishes baking. Creamy chicken and rice is so satisfying and a one-pot meal! This creamy rice casserole also also reheats really well.
Creamy Chicken and Cheddar Rice step by step
- Spray nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Add chicken; cover. Cook 5 minutes or until cooked through. Sprinkle with onion powder..
- Add soup and milk. Bring to boil. Stir in rice and broccoli; cover. Reduce heat to low; simmer 5 minutes or until rice is tender..
- Stir in 1/2 cup of cheese; sprinkle with remaining cheese..
Ingredients for Creamy Chicken and Rice I'm allergic to certain types of cheese including Parmesan Andy cheddar, what cheese would make a good substitute for this recipe? By cooking your rice in chicken broth it adds a ton of extra flavor making this dish super rich. This creamy chicken dish is just for you! Made in the crock pot, the prep time for this beauty is very minimal. My family gave it many thumbs up.