Chicken and Rice with Broccoli. A meal-in-one casserole with chicken, rice, broccoli, cheese, onion, and creamy soups all baked into one dish. May be made ahead and frozen. This Broccoli Cheddar Chicken and Rice Casserole is an easy make ahead meal that you can assemble and bake another day!
This hearty dish is a family favorite and I make it often on crazy weeknights. Things I am currently obsessing over: this weather, The Handmaid's Tale, and one dish dinners. One-Pan Cheesy Chicken, Broccoli, and Rice. You can have Chicken and Rice with Broccoli using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken and Rice with Broccoli
- You need of Main Ingredients.
- It's 1/2 lb of chicken breasts.
- Prepare 1 box of rice pilaf.
- Prepare 1 packages of frozen broccoli.
- It's 1 tbsp of butter.
- It's of Spices.
- You need 1 tbsp of chicken spice.
If broccoli isn't a vegetable your family loves you. If you're new to meal prepping, please check out our meal-prep archives to see a whole bunch of our other delicious meal-prep recipes. Chicken and Rice Casserole with Broccoli and TONS of Cheese is a favorite comfort food recipe. This Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole is loaded with everything that makes you think of home, and you'll be shocked how easy it is to put together.
Chicken and Rice with Broccoli step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Begin browning rice in large skillet with butter.
- Add 2 cups water to rice and cover, reduce to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Rub spices into chicken.
- Bake chicken for 25 minutes.
- When rice is finished, remove from head and stir thoroughly.
- Cook broccoli as directed.
- When chicken is done, cut into small chucks and add to rice.
- Plate and eat!.
Chicken and rice is a common combination that's seen in a variety of cuisines, each with its own twist. For this easy one-pot meal, feel free to customize it to your own tastes. The lemon is an essential ingredient, though, as it rounds out the dish (I also happen to love lemony chicken and rice). Add rice and chicken broth; heat to boiling. Shortcut your prep by buying a bag of fresh broccoli florets in the produce department or at the salad bar.