Chicken Fried Brown Rice & Sweet Basil. Heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in the same skillet over medium-high heat. Add the rice; cook and stir to heat through. Add chicken, red pepper, and green onion.
Heat up your oil in your skillet. I strongly recommend using toasted sesame oil for this recipe. It adds an authentic taste and smells amazing when it warms up in the skillet. You can cook Chicken Fried Brown Rice & Sweet Basil using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Fried Brown Rice & Sweet Basil
- Prepare 2 of precooked chicken breasts.
- Prepare 1 cup of precooked brown rice.
- It's 4 of fresh sweet basil sliced.
- It's 1/2 cup of sliced carrots.
- You need 1 tbsp of sliced green onions.
- It's 6 each of snow pea pods.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of sunflower coconut oil.
- Prepare 1 of eggs.
- You need 1 tsp of agave sweetener.
You will use it up because this dish will be made again in your kitchen. White or brown rice works perfectly for chicken fried rice. I love the way they taste, especially jasmine, and I'm always happy with the texture. You can use a medium-grain, or even a short-grain rice, but I personally prefer the long grain for the fluffy texture that doesn't stick together when cooked.
Chicken Fried Brown Rice & Sweet Basil step by step
- Preheat wok w/ 3tbsp oil, of choice, on medium/low heat. Add chicken and vegetables. Let cook for about 4min..
- Wisk egg, and add sweetener.
- Move chicken and vegetables to sides of wok, add egg batter. Let egg firm..
- Once egg batter starts looking like the beginning of scramble eggs, add brown rice..
- Let cook for 5-8 minutes, stir to prevent rice from sticking..
It's lower in sodium, contains lean protein, and the brown rice is a better source of fiber than white rice. serves/makes: Directions. Remove from skillet and set aside. Add remaining oil to skillet; stir-fry celery and garlic over medium-high heat until crisp-tender. When we say Fried Brown Rice, we don't mean white rice fried in a classic brown sauce, we're talking about actual brown rice fried rice!. When you eat white rice, the tough outer husk, bran and germ have been removed for a pearly white grain with great texture, but it doesn't deliver on health.