AMIEs Geleen Yema Cake. See great recipes for Yema Cake, Tasty Yema Balls, Yema (Sweet Egg Noughat) too! See great recipes for Yema rolls, Yema Cake, Tasty Yema Balls too! I'll separate the list of the ingredients for the cake and the yema filling or icing.
Yema Cake made of fluffy sponge or chiffon cake with Yema frosting. Sinfully delicious, this Filipino cake is perfect as a dessert or anytime snack treat. It's me Bebs, and I am back with a treat for the sweet-toothed fans of Kawaling Pinoy! You can cook AMIEs Geleen Yema Cake using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of AMIEs Geleen Yema Cake
- It's 2 1/4 cup of baking flour.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp of baking powder.
- It's 1/2 tsp of cream of tartar.
- It's 1 pinch of of salt.
- It's 3/4 cup of cold water.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 6 of eggs, separated.
- Prepare 1 of crushed walnuts (optional).
- It's of Custard Topping.
- Prepare 1 can of condensed milk.
- You need 6 of egg yolks.
- It's 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1/2 can of fresh milk.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of softened butter.
- Prepare 1 of cheddar cheese.
Cut through the cake into two even layers. Spread filling onto the first layer of cake and place the second layer of cake on top. Spread the rest of the yema filling on top of the cake and over the sides. Let the cake set in the refrigerator for an hour before serving.
AMIEs Geleen Yema Cake step by step
- Heat the oven to 170ºC. Grease and base line a 10-inch cake tin..
- Mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder and a pinch of salt in a mixing bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together all the wet ingredients, stirring well until smooth and well blended. Combine the dry ingredients and fold in gently..
- Whisk the egg whites to soft peaks. Add the cream of tartar, beating well until stiff. Fold a third of the egg whites into the egg yolk mixture to loosen it. Then gently fold in the remaining egg whites..
- Pour into the prepared cake tin. Bake for about 35 minutes until golden and firm to the touch. Leave to cool in the tin and then turn out into a serving plate..
- Meanwhile, mix all the custard topping ingredients together in a small saucepan, stirring well to combine. Make your frosting a bit runny but not too runny, a frosting that spreadable enough..
- Spread the custard topping over the top and sides of the cake. Sprinkle over the crushed walnuts or cheddar cheese, if desired. Leave to set..
If desired, sprinkle grated cheese of the top of the cake. With many of the same ingredients, technique, and flavors as the favorite Yema candy, the Yema Cake is another widely loved favorite. Yema Cake is so popular in Manila. In fact that locals will flock to the best baker of Yema. See more ideas about Filipino desserts, Desserts and Yema cake recipe.