Orange Upside Down Cocoa Cake. Orange Upside-down CakeBaking Like a Chef. Mini Cranberry Orange Upside Down CakeFood Lovin Family. Hi guys, Welcome back to my channel.
The filling can be made from bananas and pineapple. This fennel & orange upside down cornmeal cake recipe is a showstopper for special occasions. The moist cake features blood oranges for a pop of color! You can cook Orange Upside Down Cocoa Cake using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Orange Upside Down Cocoa Cake
- It's 2 of Oranges.
- It's 1/2 cup of butter, softened.
- You need 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- It's 1/4 cup of cocoa.
- You need 3 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It's 1 cup of self raising flour.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped nuts.
- It's 1 tbsp of brown sugar.
This stunning upside down cornmeal cake recipe is from the cookbook Season by Nik Sharma, and the moment we saw it Alex and I were. In the cold days of a long winter, our tables are brightened by citrus season, and nothing has more flair than a blood orange. Here is a one-pan cake of cornmeal and flour that lets the orange's ruby flesh shine. That piece-of-cake preparation — place fruit in the bottom of a skillet, pour in batter, bake — is the same here, but with navel oranges subbing for the pineapple.
Orange Upside Down Cocoa Cake step by step
- Preheat oven at 180ºC/ 350ºF.In a large bowl combine butter, sugar and cocoa and beat until creamy..
- Next add the eggs, one at a time, and last the vanilla essence..
- Gently stir in the flour until well incorporated..
- Next fold in the chopped nuts and the zest of both oranges. (You may substitute nuts with chocolate chips.).
- Line and grease an 8-inch pan. Sprinkle the brown sugar. Next peel and slice the oranges and arrange them on the pan..
- Pour the batter and bake for 30-35 minutes..
- Once you take it out, let it cool for about an hour. Carefully turn it upside down and enjoy!.
Remove from heat and arrange orange slices and cranberries on top of brown sugar mixture. Citrus-flavored cakes are my family's favorite. They have this bright and fresh flavor that make them totally irresistible, and this Blood Orange Upside-Down Cake is no exception. You can make this upside down cake with basically any fruit, apples or pears sprinkled with some cinnamon would be so good! I did find that after the cake was baked and had rested a day on the counter, covered in plastic wrap, the bitterness from the oranges had completely disappeared.