Monte cristo sandwich. Everywhere that I have eaten a Monte Cristo the sandwich has always been deep-fried. Yummy Swiss Cheese, Turkey, And Ham On White Bread, Fried & Topped With Powdered Sugar—Making It An Irresistible Sweet And Salty Dish. This is the ultimate make at home Monte Cristo Sandwich - with turkey, ham and cheese in a sandwich that is cooked.
A classic Monte Cristo Sandwich should come with a side of jelly to dip it in. In this video will show you how to make a Monte Cristo sandwich. This recipe is easy to make and very tasty. You can cook Monte cristo sandwich using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Monte cristo sandwich
- It's 1 loaf of french bread.
- You need 1 lbs of smoked ham deli sliced thin.
- You need 16 oz of package of sliced swiss cheese.
- It's 1 box of pancake batter (add water only kind).
- Prepare of Powdered sugar.
- It's of Vegetable oil for frying.
- You need of Toothpicks.
Today I made this sandwich recipe for my family. Recipe courtesy of Mama's on Washington Square. This Monte Cristo sandwich is a classic French toast-style sandwich. Now you don't have to wait for a trip to a local diner to get your craving fulfilled.
Monte cristo sandwich instructions
- Slice the french bread in half length wise and layer ham and cheese. Cut the assembled sandwich into 2 in slices.
- Mix pancake batter according to the directions (it should be thin).
- Place the toothpicks into each slice to hold it together while cooking..
- Dip the sandwich slices into the pancake batter and cook until golden brown..
- Place on paper towels to dry and remove tooth picks. Then lightly dust with powdered sugar..
Because a Monte Cristo uses french toast instead of regular bread, the sandwich is often oily and Despite its elegant name, the Monte Cristo Sandwich wasn't invented on some fancy yacht in the. The Monte Cristo sandwich, sometimes spelled Monte Christo, is an unusual sandwich combining the principals of French toast and the basic ham and Swiss sandwich. Could be eaten for breakfast, lunch or dinner. This is a LESSER FAT Monte Cristo recipe being baked and not fried full of flavor! Have you ever wanted to make this popular Monte Cristo Sandwich by yourself?