Harry Potter Themed Chocolate Cake. Chocolate cake is a cake flavoured with melted chocolate or cocoa powder. Arabella Figg once gave Harry Potter a piece of chocolate cake that tasted like she had it for several years. Rubeus Hagrid baked a large. how to make an epic Monster CAKE from HARRY POTTER!
We made these Chocolate Frogs from Ezra Pound Cake for our own Harry Potter party and the kids loved them. Okay, so they probably don't REALLY explode but kids will love these. From Hogwarts to Hedwig, these cakes have got virtually everything in the Harry Potter universe covered. You can have Harry Potter Themed Chocolate Cake using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Harry Potter Themed Chocolate Cake
- Prepare 2 cups of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 2 cups of sugar.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- It's 2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of espresso powder.
- You need 1 cup of milk, buttermilk, almond, or coconut milk.
- It's 1/2 cup of vegetable, canola oil, or melted coconut oil.
- It's 2 of large eggs.
- Prepare 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 cup of boiling water.
- You need of Chocolate Buttercream Frosting Recipe.
It's pretty difficult to believe that these were baked without the use of magic. The chocolate cake that Hagrid gives to Harry in the very first Harry Potter book is one of many iconic foods featured throughout the series. My favorite kind of squidgy chocolate cake has got to be a devil's food cake — with a dense, moist crumb and masses of intense chocolate flavor in every bite! White and chocolate cake with vanilla buttercream and banana with cream cheese, SMBC and fondant.
Harry Potter Themed Chocolate Cake step by step
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Prepare two 9-inch cake pans by spraying with baking spray or buttering and lightly flouring..
- Add flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, salt and espresso powder to a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer. Whisk through to combine or, using your paddle attachment, stir through flour mixture until combined well..
- Add milk, vegetable oil, eggs, and vanilla to flour mixture and mix together on medium speed until well combined. Reduce speed and carefully add boiling water to the cake batter until well combined..
- Distribute cake batter evenly between the two prepared cake pans. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until a toothpick or cake tester inserted in the center of the chocolate cake comes out clean..
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for about 10 minutes, remove from the pan and cool completely..
- Frost cake with Chocolate Buttercream Frosting..
The real magic of the Harry Potter universe is that eating books is a viable way to teach yourself the material within them. The cauldron cakes at the The Wizarding World of Harry Potter just got a whole lot more magical. The theme park has switched out the colorless original - made of chocolate cake filled with chocolate mousse, dipped in ganache and topped with a ganache handle - for something altogether. This cake features all the classic Harry Potter staples: a wand, Harry's glasses, the golden snitch, a letter from Hogwarts, and of course, Hedwig. Kudos to those with a Harry Potter-themed wedding!