Moms Special Jollof rice. Thank you for tuning in today. My name is Gloria, am on YouTube to educate and also to share my life experience to everyone that comes across my channel. Nigerian Jollof Rice - a spicy and vibrant one-pot tomato rice, this is probably the best-known Nigerian food recipe.
Perfect for regular nights or special occasions! Jollof rice is a legendary one-pot dish that's ubiquitous in Nigeria, Cameroon, Ghana, Liberia, Togo, and Sierra Leone. Our delicious Nigerian party jollof rice •••• Taste like no other. You can have Moms Special Jollof rice using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Moms Special Jollof rice
- It's 4 cup of rice.
- You need 2 of onion.
- You need 5 of tomatoes.
- It's 1 clove of garlic.
- It's 1 of ginger.
- Prepare 2 1/2 large of carrots.
- It's 1 cup of peas.
- You need 1 of mushrooms.
- You need 1 can of kidney beans.
- Prepare 1 kg of smoked ham.
- It's 1 of stock beef stock.
- It's 2 tbsp of salt.
- It's 1 pinch of fresh thyme.
- It's 1 pints of vegetable oil.
- It's 3 tbsp of tomato puree.
- It's 2 1/2 cup of water.
Fruit and veggie lovers digging deep and happy to have a taste of Mama T Special. #mamatspecial #tasty #purejoy #perfect #nigerianfood #instafood #foodie #eventcatering. Jollof rice: West Africa's culinary king? Jump to media player Food lovers in Nigeria have been attending the inaugural Jollof festival in the commercial capital Lagos. Jollof rice is eaten in many parts of West Africa and is a traditional dish in Nigeria, Senegal and Ghana.
Moms Special Jollof rice step by step
- dice onions, tomatoes ,ginger, and garlic finely.
- chop carrots.
- add oil to a large pan, then fry garlic, ginger and onion until golden brown.
- add smoked ham n fry for 3 mins.
- then add tomatoe puree.
- fry until mixture thickens up then add beef stock and tomatoes.
- leave to cook for about 12 mins unt stew thickens.
- then throw in your peas , carrots, thyme, salt ,kidney beans and water.
- then finally add your rice to the mixture and let simmer on a very low heat for about 20-25 mins until rice cooks.
Jollof rice is a unifying dish across West Africa. This classic Nigerian recipe always has three things: rice, a tomato stew, and seasoning. Even more special is Party Rice, a smoky version, cooked over an open fire, layered with smoke, spice, and immeasurable goodness. In Nigeria, to disparage jollof rice is to be accused of treason. At least that was the fate of the countryâ€™s Minister of Information and Culture But Mohammed has a point.