Mustard Greens Batch 4. A recipe for Chinese pickled mustard greens. These are pickled in brine, like a dill pickle, and flavored with chile, garlic and Sichuan peppercorns. Bowls to hold the mustard greens so you can weigh them.
But all the mustard green should be soaked in the water, so you will need. The mustard greens became super delicious. Mustard greens can be eaten raw or cooked--steamed, sautéed, or simmered. You can have Mustard Greens Batch 4 using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mustard Greens Batch 4
- Prepare 1-1/2 pound of mustard greens.
- You need 2 tablespoons of red wine vinegar.
- Prepare 1 quart of water.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1 teaspoon of liquid smoke.
- It's 1 cup of smoked ham pieces with bones in.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of honey.
Prepare mustard greens like you would spinach, but expect Even cooked mustard greens will have a "bite". Both the leaves and stalks of mustard greens can be eaten. But both will become tough and more pungent. Since there was no way I could eat that many salads, stir-fries and soups all at once, I decided to put them up in one big batch of Vietnamese pickled mustard greens, or cải chua as it's called.
Mustard Greens Batch 4 step by step
- Wash and look your greens I use organic so it could be buggy, I actually save two beautiful lady bugs from this batch. Slice the greens like a shredding..
- Heat the water add the greens, salt, and ham..
- Simmer for 20 minutes add the vinegar, honey, and liquid smoke. Finish cooking till the mustards are done..
- Serve I hope you enjoy!!.
Cải chua is one of the traditional pickles in Vietnamese culture, the same way đồ chua is. Mustard is a winters plant although it likes a lot of sun. There are many varieties of mustard. Add the mustard greens in batches, letting each batch wilt before adding the next. Mustard greens are jam-packed with nutrients.