Creamy Cajun Red Beans. Slow Cooked Beans In A Rich BBQ Sauce For An Authentic Grilled Flavor! Find Deals on Cajun Red Beans in Beans & Grains on Amazon. Mix it with the drained Red Beans.
Creamy Cajun Red Beans & Rice Red Beans and rice is a Cajun dish that used to be cooked on wash day. It's a meal you put on and slow cook for hours that way you can take care of the laundry! These days it is still a major part of Cajun cuisine. You can cook Creamy Cajun Red Beans using 20 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Creamy Cajun Red Beans
- You need of Olive oil.
- Prepare 1 lb of dry small red beans (not kidney).
- It's 1 lb of smoked sausage.
- You need 1 lb of smoked ham.
- You need 2 of green bell peppers.
- It's 1 of large onion.
- Prepare 4 stalks of celery.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic.
- You need 1/2 stick of butter.
- It's 3 of chicken bouillon cubes.
- You need of Water.
- It's 1 of Tblsp garlic powder.
- You need 1 of Tblsp Cajun seasoning.
- It's 1 tsp of thyme.
- Prepare 4 of bay leaves.
- It's 1 tsp of fresh parsely.
- It's of Few dashes of Worcestershire.
- You need Pinch of sugar.
- Prepare of Cooked rice (your choice).
- You need of Green onions chopped.
It's Monday in Louisiana…you know what that means! Creamy red beans and rice are on the stove and filling Southern homes with insanely delicious aromas! It's a tradition here, ya know? My good friend, Chasidy, saved me a google search and detailed the reason why the whole red beans on a Monday thing came about.
Creamy Cajun Red Beans step by step
- Sort out and soak the red beans the night before.
- Cut up all your meats and veggies and start browning the sausage in a pot with just a bit of olive oil.
- Add the peppers, celery, onion and garlic on top of the sausage and stir to combine. Next add the butter and stir till melted.
- Add the ham and keep stirring.
- Add the red beans and enough water just to cover everything and bring to a boil.
- Then add the garlic powder, Cajun seasoning, thyme, 4 bay leaves, pinch of sugar and Worcestershire.
- After an hour add fresh parsely.
- Cook for 2 and 1/2 to 3 hours on LO barely a simmer stirring occasionally and mashing some beans on the side of the pot for more creaminess (do this towards the end) It makes a paste.
- Serve over rice and garnish with the green onions on top ??? this time I used yellow rice but use any kind you like ENJOY ?.
But, it's too long to type. Creamy Cajun Red Beans I learned to make this back home !! Add the red beans and enough water just to cover everything and bring to a boil. Thick creamy slow cooker red beans and rice is a Cajun style recipe chock full of flavorful veggies, savory spices, and andoullie sausage. It can be served & enjoyed as a stew, side dish, or as the main meal making it easy to prepare as it is fit for any occasion.