Apple Crisp. The easiest of the apple desserts, simply bake sliced tart apples topped with a streusel oat topping, with plenty of brown sugar, butter, and cinnamon. Easy apple crisp recipe using old-fashioned rolled oats and a simple saute technique that enhances the flavor and texture of the filling. Easy Apple Crisp Recipe with Ultra Crispy Topping.
Sweet cinnamon apples are topped with a crunchy, buttery oat crumble, then baked to perfection in this Easy Old Fashioned Apple Crisp! This crispy confection is reason enough to go apple picking. Celebrate the best flavors of fall when you combine apples with sugars and spices for an out-of-this-world recipe. You can cook Apple Crisp using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Apple Crisp
- Prepare 1/2 cup of flour + 2 Tbs of flour.
- You need 1/2 cup of old-fashioned rolled oats.
- It's 1/2 cup of light brown sugar.
- It's 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need dash of salt.
- You need 1/3 cup of unsalted butter, cut into small pieces.
- Prepare 3-4 of large apples, peeled and thinly sliced + 3 Tbs melted butter.
- It's 1 Tbs of lemon juice.
- You need 3 Tbs of milk.
- You need 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It's 1/4 cup of light brown sugar.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare dash of salt.
- You need 1 box of Pilsbury refrigerated pie crust.
This easy dish is a tradition in my family. It's as quick as a boxed cake mix but it's a healthier dessert choice. Healthy Apple Crisp Recipe photo by Taste of Home. Though an apple crisp is a less structured dessert than a pie, you still want to select an apple that'll Apple varieties that are super crisp when eaten out of hand are the best bakers.
Apple Crisp instructions
- Heat oven to 425°F. Place 1 softened pie crust in ungreased 9-inch glass pie plate. Press firmly against side and bottom. Fold in the overhanging pieces. Bake for 10 minutes..
- Remove lightly baked pie crust from oven and reduce the temperature to 375F..
- In a medium size bowl combine the 1/2 cup of flour, oats, brown sugar, cinammon, 1/3 cup of butter, and salt with a fork until it resembles small crumbs. Refrigerate while you prepare the apple filling..
- In a small bowl, combine melted butter and flour until well blended. Add lemon juice, milk and vanilla and stir well. Stir in brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt.
- Pour butter mixture over apples and toss to coat. Pour apple mixture into the baked pie crust and spread into an even layer..
- Sprinkle crumb topping evenly over the apples..
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and top is set..
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for at least 10 minutes before serving. Serve with Vanilla Ice Cream.
This is the best apple crisp recipe I have ever tried. I found it somewhere on the internet. It is good plain, or with ice-cream of whipped cream. This classic apple crisp has been in the fam for years. My mom makes it for all special occasions starting at Thanksgiving and ending sometime in the new year and it's easily my favorite holiday.