Cheesy Tater Tot Casserole. Now Choose From Multiple Easy & Delicious Recipes To Create That Perfect Meal. Brown ground beef, add onion to saute, drain, set aside. Creamy Cheesy Tater Tot Casserole Ingredients.
Other ingredients you'll need include cream of chicken soup, sour cream, milk, butter, garlic powder, and onion powder. This will replace my tater-tot casserole recipe after adding a few things to the original recipe. Since it's not a main dish in this household if there's no meat, I added a pound of hambuger browned with some onions. You can have Cheesy Tater Tot Casserole using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cheesy Tater Tot Casserole
- Prepare 1 1/2 lb of ground beef.
- You need 1 bag of tater tots.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of shredded chedder cheese.
- Prepare 1 can of Cream of mushroom soup.
- You need 1 tsp of minced onions.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of celery salt.
I mixed in a can of green beans, cut the sour cream in half, and added some garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Cheesy Tater Tot Casserole, a.k.a. tater tot hotdish, is one of my favorites. It is sooo good, and the perfect chilly-weather, belly-warming, stick-to-ribs dish. Plus, it is so quick and easy, the longest part is the cook time!
Cheesy Tater Tot Casserole instructions
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Brown meat in a large pan with minced onion..
- Drain fat..
- Mix cream of mushroom, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper, and dash of celery salt into browned meat..
- Spread layer in 13x9 pan, put tater tots on top and smoosh them down into meat..
- Oven at 400°F. Bake for 40 minutes..
- Take out of oven, sprinkle cheese on top, bake for another 5 minutes..
- Let cool for a few mins and enjoy.
I created this recipe over time in homage to the original from Opie's BBQ in Spicewood, TX. Some things to note: Ore-Ida tater tots have lots of salt and seasoning; typically off-brand do not. I would probably add over a tsp for off-brand tots. When the days get a little shorter and the weather gets cooler, whipping up a quick and easy comfort food dinner is our most favorite way to end the day. This quick and easy casserole recipe is the BEST Tater Tot Beef Casserole recipe!